Road Rage

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TheShadow

Road Rage

Post by TheShadow »

Today I was driving home, and a jerk flew past me in a school zone double yellow lines, pulled in front of me and locked his brakes, drove slow and continued on his way about a 1/2 mile ahead he was in the left turn lane I was in the far right turning lane stopped at red light, I look at him and said {inappropriate language} next thing I saw was him pulling in front of my car blocking my car, he got out and was coming toward my window .... But stopped abruptly when he noticed my Kimber Raptor Pro starring at him, he told me I was in trouble because his brother was a cop and left, I call 911 and made a police report, which included the video from my dash cam....see what happens
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Road Rage

Post by Javelin Man »

Very good, you called 911 first, used the gun only as needed, and it sounds like it was. He got an education quickly and hopefully his brother is a cop and can give him a citation. :twisted:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Only problem I see is that you potentially escalated the situation by swearing at him. Sometimes, and I struggle with this myself, you just got to let it go.

Unless you did something to originally provoke his behavior he was obviously unstable anyways.
JMO

Post by JMO »

I'm not so sure you would've looked in his direction and used expletives, had you NOT been armed, would you?

I would consider what you done escalating, considering had you done nothing he would've stayed in the far left lane while you stayed on the right
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

Gun goes in the holster.

Ego goes in the safe.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

rDigital wrote:Gun goes in the holster.

Ego goes in the safe.
Aye, but sometimes, somebody's gotta be schooled or at least told what he is. It's hard to fight that urge but yes, Mr. Ego gets put away. Maybe his road rage will affect a little old lady next time, in any case this guy was unglued and that needed to be addressed.

How it was/is addressed is another matter.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

JMO wrote:I'm not so sure you would've looked in his direction and used expletives, had you NOT been armed, would you?

I would consider what you done escalating, considering had you done nothing he would've stayed in the far left lane while you stayed on the right

Were windows down so that the guy heard the CHL guy swear? How would the rage guy know that CHL guy swore? If he didn't hear it, or couldn't have because windows were up, then how can it be escalating?

If it was a gesture, then maybe it could be. But since when is a gesture justification for threat of violence?
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

NEVER. A gesture is just that a gesture. Responsibility for escalating a situation to threat of or actual violence is 100% on the person who initiates the threat or the violence. IOW... I am responsible for my actions and ONLY my actions. What the other person does is completely on them.
Mustang380gal wrote:
JMO wrote:But since when is a gesture justification for threat of violence?
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

I'd love to see your dash cam video and a little info on what brand you have. I can see a real benefit in having one but am unsure of what to get.
HancockCountyHaL
TheShadow

Post by TheShadow »

Note: I have Veteran Disabled plates, windows were up, the word was a s s h o l e,
Weapon Kimber Raptor pro, I know I shouldn't have said anything but no way he heard anything and just a jerk.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

TheShadow wrote:Note: I have Veteran Disabled plates, windows were up, the word was a s s h o l e,
Weapon Kimber Raptor pro, I know I shouldn't have said anything but no way he heard anything and just a jerk.
You stated "I looked at him and said ******* " implying you made eye contact, lip reading of certain words comes pretty natural. Even if he didn't hear you say it he saw it.

It could also be argued that simply rolling down the window, as you undoubtedly did at some point (you mentioned having heard his remarks after you showed your weapon), as an escalation.

As said above. Gun comes out the safe, your ego goes in.

I'm not condoning his actions, regardless of the root cause, but I do not feel your actions were appropriate either.

I'm guilty of letting my ego get in my way on occasion as well. Natural reaction, especially for men. Are brains are hard wired that way.
Last edited by TJW815 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ That's me, too. :oops:

I'm working on it. I'm always working on it. :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Ignor Ahole and move on...not worth it...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
rod727

Post by rod727 »

Mehhh.....back up and pull around the guy....anything I can do to de-escalate the situation....if I clear leather it will be because I have no other options and feared for my life
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Generally, I simply ignore imbeciles. That seems to enrage them most of all, which is fine with me.

If that fails, I give them the Anton Chigurh, dead eyed look. Not knowing what to expect gives at least some of them pause.

I don't like to talk to most normal people. Aggressive ignoramuses, even less so.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.