Hamilton PD A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Dewman

Hamilton PD A+

Post by Dewman »

Had my first encounter with Hamilton PD today.
My truck was broken into and some tools and other items taken. So I needed a Police Report to cover some of it.

At the start of the video I was across the street checking on my 80 year old neighbor that had just had back surgery.

No issues about the sidearm that I open carried. The one officer was a little more on the nervous /cautious side than the other. On the other side I had about half a pot of coffee down me and was {inappropriate language}.

But in the making of this video no one was disarmed.

Link to my one drive for the video. http://1drv.ms/1YyA1Nt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Allways remember when in combat your weapon was made by the lowest bidder
glocksmith

Re: Hamilton PD A+

Post by glocksmith »

Yeah, they were a bit stand-offish and at the ready. Not your fault though, it happens to a lot of us. I got the same attitude the time I had to call the cops, although I wasn't carrying. They seemed to relax after chatting with me for a few minutes.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Couldn't hear (maybe there wasn't audio?) but that looked like typical "interview stance" with someone not known to the officers. To be honest it's much the same with most of us in fire/EMS, we're not there to give hugs or lollipops.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Dewman

Post by Dewman »

hugs or lollipops. Was not looking for either one .
Would have been nice if they had gone down about 1 block and kicked in the door. Then drag him out by the mullet kicking and screaming.
Allways remember when in combat your weapon was made by the lowest bidder
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Dewman wrote:hugs or lollipops. Was not looking for either one .
Would have been nice if they had gone down about 1 block and kicked in the door. Then drag him out by the mullet kicking and screaming.
Yeah I get that about the 'hugs or lollipops', it was said just as a general thing. Not really aimed at anybody on here. We are not a naive bunch.

As for your desire for the cops to go kick that door in...probably many among this forum have been stolen from too, we feel your pain. if you saw where my pickup was parked when the thief broke into the good aluminum toolbox mounted to the bed and stole my AR-15, you'd be a little surprised 9I sure was) because that street is so busy.

Wish there had been a video camera pointed in that direction, but alas.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.