Akron PD A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

landrvrnut22

Akron PD A+

Post by landrvrnut22 »

First, I still been awhile since I've posted anything, been way too busy with work. Which leads us to our story for the night.

I work for a large general contractor in Akron, and we do emergency work for various cities around the area, and have someone on call to respond. Last week was my week. All was quiet until Saturday night, when the answering service called with an officer from APD on the phone. I took the call.

Someone had broken into our job trailer on the north side of downtown, and attempted to steal the video security system and Internet modem. The trailer door was now open, and could not be locked up. I told him I'd be there in 30 minutes.

A little back story, this project is tucked in the woods, sandwiched between low income housing, and some not so nice neighborhoods. We have had several problems at this job, and most recently had 15 Windows shot out of equipment the weekend before. The perpetrators was identified as a white male with a pellet gun, on the video surveillance.

I get to the job, it's 6:45, dark, and raining. I step out of the truck and the officer steps out of his cruiser. We shake hands and he says hello. I reply, "I have to inform you I have a license for conceal carry and I am armed."

He replies, "oh, no big deal, let me show you what happened."

Turns out this is the same offense car that took the republican Rt of the broken windows and has been up here numerous times for alarms and other instances. He tells me he was coming up the drive to check on the job, and as he turned the corner his h ad lights hit the guy coming out of the trailer. He dropped the equipment and ran i to the woods. The officer tried to find him, but with the the rain, wind, and b I got alone, he was not able to find him. He recovered the equipment, and was taking it to the crime lab for fingerprinting. We walked through the trailer, and I did not notice anything els missing, he com let's his report, and left.

I was left alone to repair the trailer door, and check the rest of the job site. I quickly screwed the door shut, and got out of dodge. However I was thankful for the ability to defend myself.

Overall the encounter with the officer and notification was a non-event.
Buggyman

Re: Akron PD A+

Post by Buggyman »

Your in a position I would not want to be in with out a weapon. I hope you catch the vandal before he moves up to shooting at job-site employees .
GUN'S ARE GOOD PEOPLE ARE BAD
huskybiker

Re: Akron PD A+

Post by huskybiker »

I've had occasion to call APD out to our constrution yard, as well. I had the very same experience as you. I informed, the officer replied' "Oh, ok." and that was it.