I have a situation

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Yellowfin

I have a situation

Post by Yellowfin »

I live in a nice development on a no outlet street in a suburb of Cleveland. The house right next to me is a family of four. Mom (normal and too nice for her own good), dad(a frickin wierdo who.wears glasses at night who I believe has a pain pill problem) , daughter(who is 2 years older than my daughter at 12), son( a bipolar, highly depressed non working individual). The father does not get into any of the disciplining at all. The mother doesn't either and backs her son no matter what. At least once a month I have to run into there house because he is screaming at the mom and it is bad. "Mom your a fu#:in {inappropriate language}, I hate you". That kind of screaming. He posts rap videos on YouTube talking about killing people and burying there bodies. His Twitter name is serial killer. He has pictures of himself with murderer and killer written in blood behind him. He has a crazy look in his eyes kind of like Quinn's description of a sharks eyes on jaws. I have fish frys and parties occasionally and I always invite him to stay on his good side. I am the only adult neighbor he talks to. I even told his mom for his 21st that me and a couple neighbors would take him to a strip club and get him laid because he has never even kissed a girl. I thought maybe some action would make him straighten up. She took him to Dave and buster instead. I am friends with the chief of police here and I asked for advice. He told me he can't do anything. This is a situation where this guy is going to do a mass shooting and the cops will say "if we would have known we could have done something". This is B.S. the kid just got out from the psych ward because his lithium was not right and now it's getting worse. They lock him out of the house and he screams for hours, beating on the door. My daughter and I were watching t.v the other day when he was having a meltdown and she asked me to bring my gun in the living room. Please any advice would be great. Thanks
TJW815

Re: I have a situation

Post by TJW815 »

Well for starters, when you hear the commotion that worries you to the point of entering your neighbor's residence, call the police instead. i get and even agree with trying to be the good neighbor, but the legal system will need a paper trail to do anything.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Running into their house to referee is a recipe for a lawsuit. Call the police as they are trained and paid to deal with such nonsense.
Yellowfin

Post by Yellowfin »

Is there a way to call the cops and be anonymous. My one Ukrainian neighbor called me out cause I called the cops on his 10 year old for taking there minivan on a joyride
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Yellowfin wrote:Is there a way to call the cops and be anonymous. My one Ukrainian neighbor called me out cause I called the cops on his 10 year old for taking there minivan on a joyride
Call the non emergency line and ask to remain anonymous.

Edit: if you are truly concerned why worry about anonymity?
Yellowfin

Post by Yellowfin »

TJW815 wrote:
Yellowfin wrote:Is there a way to call the cops and be anonymous. My one Ukrainian neighbor called me out cause I called the cops on his 10 year old for taking there minivan on a joyride
Call the non emergency line and ask
Edit: if you are truly concerned why worry about anonymity?
Because I love my family too much
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Sometimes, you just can't have it both ways. You either stand back and let the scum of the earth walk all over you and your family, or you take a stand and draw a line to protect yourself and your family. Quit trying to play social worker and neighborhood pacifier. Document the craziness for future reference. Don't get pulled into the psycho kid's world. Make sure your family knows how to defend themselves if psycho kid goes off the deep end. Good Luck!
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I'd like to add: get as much as you can on video with reasonable audio.
If this guy finally does go off some heads are going to roll (or should).
In other words, compile as much documentation as you can.

Oh, and good luck. I hope he doesn't go after you or your loved ones.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Tell your Ukranian neighbor to take a flying leap. If his son goes for a joyride again, you will gladly call the LEOs. If he doesn't want the LEOs called and the law involved then he needs to step up and start raising his kids right.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

I'll echo what others have said. If you feel like something is happening and you can't see the event call the police. Also does your neighbor know you carry or have guns? Cause if the psycho knows you have them and does want to try to live up to his screen name, he'll come for a visit.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
SeanC
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by SeanC »

Gotta call the cops. It will put the kid on their radar. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
I am a lawyer; I am not your lawyer.
dsk
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by dsk »

Move
Pay your dues.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

AlanM wrote:I'd like to add: get as much as you can on video with reasonable audio.
If this guy finally does go off some heads are going to roll (or should).
In other words, compile as much documentation as you can.

Oh, and good luck. I hope he doesn't go after you or your loved ones.
And I'd like to expand on this: Share that documentation with local law enforcement, even prosecutors office. When heads roll you don't want one of 'em to be yours.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

TJW815 wrote:Call the non emergency line and ask to remain anonymous.
I tried that when my neighbors son was home alone and (I think) smoked Salvia. He was cawling around the lawn on all fours talking to and grabbing at invisible ++++ in the air. By the time the police and EMS arrived, the effects were wearing off and he strightened up enough to convince them they could leave. In truth, all I asked for was for a squad car to check on his well being....and I asked to remain anonymous. They sent the whole platoon, and apparently someone told him "your neighbor ------- was concerned about you" :? . He was bent about it for a few weeks, but now waves at and occasionally talks to me. The point being the dispatcher cannot absloutely guarantee you'll remain anonymous...so call at your own risk.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Burn phone?