Clueless Dope

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Clueless Dope

Post by deanimator »

Just got threatened for taking somebody's clothes out of the dryer after they were done.

He seems to think that everybody knows his laundry by sight and that he "times" his laundry... in an apartment complex with one washer and one dryer.

Asked me if I wanted to go outside. I told him he'd just get arrested. Didn't tell him it'd probably be a lot worse... for him.

Called a lawyer friend and gave him a head's up. I'd consider calling the cops, but I don't even know who the imbecile in question is or what his apartment number is.

I really enjoy having the after hours phone AND doing my laundry with an M1911 on my hip...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
pirateguy191

Re: Clueless Dope

Post by pirateguy191 »

Did you fold them? :P
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

pirateguy191 wrote:Did you fold them? :P
Hell, I don't fold my own clothes!

Of course when I leave my clothes in the washer or dryer, I don't get all butt hurt when somebody takes them out, never mind threaten them over it. And I think somebody's folded my clothes perhaps ONCE since 1999.

He had the "bruh bruh" look about him. Probably a meth cook with a short lifespan.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Hey..I wouldn't want anyone handling my Speedo's either.... :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Hey..I wouldn't want anyone handling my Speedo's either.... :)
Then you'd better get them out of the washer so other people can do laundry!
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

deanimator wrote:Asked me if I wanted to go outside.
You should have replied "what's wrong with right here?" Usually tough guys like that change their tune real quick when you unexpectedly take them up on their offer.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

glocksmith wrote:
deanimator wrote:Asked me if I wanted to go outside.
You should have replied "what's wrong with right here?" Usually tough guys like that change their tune real quick when you unexpectedly take them up on their offer.
I'm not interested in fighting. If necessary I'll put a permanent end to a fight. I just told him it wouldn't work out for him and that he'd end up getting arrested. He was warned. If he's too dumb to realize that this is a shall issue state, that's his problem, not mine. It's on him now.

As was discussed in a previous thread, I don't like dealing with most normal people. Imbeciles I don't engage with at all. I wanted all of the aggressive talk to be his. When I go out to do my next load in a minute, it'll be with a .45 and a running voice recorder. The choice is his. Choosing badly sometimes has irreversible consequences. Ask Michael Brown.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Since we have never met I must ask, do you have the appearance of being an easy target?
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

TJW815 wrote:Since we have never met I must ask, do you have the appearance of being an easy target?
Short, overweight, 57.

I imagine he thinks I'm afraid of him. I hope so. That works to my advantage.

I'm not much for loose talk. I tried to reason with him and that didn't work, seeing as how he was a special little snowflake. After that I just warned him against a self-destructive course of action he wanted to embark upon. If he's even slightly smarter than he looks, he'll forget that, and forget me even quicker.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Did you give him "the treatment"? :mrgreen:
deanimator wrote:I prefer to say nothing, with my typical Anton Chigurh blank expression on my face. He can do with that whatever he likes. It's certainly not anything close to a "provocation" or "fighting words" under the law. After that, it's all on him.
deanimator wrote:It's not so much an "icy" stare as simply looking at them as though they were an inanimate object, like a chair or a salad bowl.

When you betray no emotion AT ALL, for them to engage you further is like sticking their hand into a dark hole under a tree. What's down there? Gold doubloons... or a nest of rattlesnakes?

Are you scared of him... or are you inwardly doing handsprings, saying to yourself, "Oh boy, I get to kill somebody today!"

It makes him wonder whether it's going to be worth the risk to find out...
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
synack2

Post by synack2 »

I was in a apartment building once, the people upstairs kept using my dryer. I put a note on it that it belonged to apartment 1, and they still used it. I UN-plugged it and they plugged it back in. I turned of the breaker in my panel and they turned it back on. I put a padlock on the door and they pried it off. I then removed their clothes and took them into the back yard to the fire pit, doused the with charcoal lighter fluid and lit them on fire.

They came knocking on my door all ticked off. I was like "Well, there dry." and closed the door.

The story goes on, for a few more months, but it ends them coming home from spending a few nights in jail, and the male yelling stuff at me, while I was moving out and packing, and kicking in my front door, only to be starting down the barrel of my great uncles 45, he apologized and quickly ran back upstairs. I called the police and he went back jail again, I finished packing and got out.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Give your clothes to the local laundry; they'll fold 'em up nice and neat and put your shirts on hangars.
What's not to like ?
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

BobK wrote:Did you give him "the treatment"? :mrgreen:
Pretty much.

I tried to reason with him, and when that didn't work, told him he was heading down a dead end at the speed of light. Then I cut it off. Maybe he took the hint...
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

I have lived on both coasts and many places in between. I can attest that 'dopes' are e v e r y w h e r e.
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

BobK wrote:Did you give him "the treatment"? :mrgreen:
deanimator wrote:I prefer to say nothing, with my typical Anton Chigurh blank expression on my face. He can do with that whatever he likes. It's certainly not anything close to a "provocation" or "fighting words" under the law. After that, it's all on him.
deanimator wrote:It's not so much an "icy" stare as simply looking at them as though they were an inanimate object, like a chair or a salad bowl.

When you betray no emotion AT ALL, for them to engage you further is like sticking their hand into a dark hole under a tree. What's down there? Gold doubloons... or a nest of rattlesnakes?

Are you scared of him... or are you inwardly doing handsprings, saying to yourself, "Oh boy, I get to kill somebody today!"

It makes him wonder whether it's going to be worth the risk to find out...
^ In all seriousness, I was wondering about this, myself, last night.

I would assume that this miscreant somehow progressed things beyond the noncommittal response and warranted escalation to the next level of response?

deanimator, can you further describe the events leading up to his issuance of that threat?

....Man, I lived in inner city Baltimore: I've used plenty of laundromats. You either sat with your laundry, or you expected someone to put it on top of the machine or on the table or basked next to it. Granted, it's been nearly 30 years since, but has laundromat etiquette changed that much that other people's clothing - particularly where only one machine was available for an entire apartment building - is off-limits to everyone else?
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio