Clueless Dope

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Re: Clueless Dope

Post by deanimator »

TSiWRX wrote:^ In all seriousness, I was wondering about this, myself, last night.

I would assume that this miscreant somehow progressed things beyond the noncommittal response and warranted escalation to the next level of response?

deanimator, can you further describe the events leading up to his issuance of that threat?

....Man, I lived in inner city Baltimore: I've used plenty of laundromats. You either sat with your laundry, or you expected someone to put it on top of the machine or on the table or basked next to it. Granted, it's been nearly 30 years since, but has laundromat etiquette changed that much that other people's clothing - particularly where only one machine was available for an entire apartment building - is off-limits to everyone else?
I live in a crappy apartment in River. There's ONE washer and dryer for the ENTIRE complex. Since I moved there in 1999, it's been pretty much understood by EVERYBODY that if you leave your clothes in the washer or dryer and somebody needs to use it, they're going to take your stuff out and put it on top of the washer. In ALL that time, only ONE other person has complained, a deranged woman who said I was "cruel". Strangely, he subsequently begged my "cruel" self to call the cops when there was a strange meth-billy looking type ringing all of the door bells.

As I related previously this idiot somehow determined in his "mind" that people who'd never seen him before, KNEW that he "timed" his laundry. He couldn't comprehend my statement that nobody knows him OR his laundry, OR his plans regarding same, and that there's ONE washer and dryer for EVERYBODY. Apparently he's one of the "special little snowflakes" around whom the universe orbits. When that didn't sink in, I just shrugged and went back to my laundry, whereupon he invited me to "step outside". I declined, telling him that wouldn't go well for him and that he'd end up getting arrested. He kept trying to entice my outside and I kept telling him that'd be a bad idea for him. He finally wandered off. After I got my clothes into the dryer, I went back and gave a lawyer friend a heads up. When I got my clothes out of the dryer and put in the next load, I was wearing my Citadel .45 and had my voice recorder going. I didn't see him again. I'm pretty sure I'd never seen him AT ALL previous to this. But then I take VERY little interest in my neighbors.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

deanimator wrote: I live in a crappy apartment in River. There's ONE washer and dryer for the ENTIRE complex. Since I moved there in 1999, it's been pretty much understood by EVERYBODY that if you leave your clothes in the washer or dryer and somebody needs to use it, they're going to take your stuff out and put it on top of the washer. In ALL that time, only ONE other person has complained, a deranged woman who said I was "cruel". Strangely, he subsequently begged my "cruel" self to call the cops when there was a strange meth-billy looking type ringing all of the door bells.
Hey, you said that she's deranged! I think that makes her asking that favor of you completely understandable. :lol:

I honestly haven't been to one laundromat/wash-room - no matter how upscale or wanting - where it wasn't the usual practice to simply put the previous user's laundry either atop or next to the machine, if they are not there to take care of removing it *_THE_* moment the cycle was up.
As I related previously this idiot somehow determined in his "mind" that people who'd never seen him before, KNEW that he "timed" his laundry. He couldn't comprehend my statement that nobody knows him OR his laundry, OR his plans regarding same, and that there's ONE washer and dryer for EVERYBODY. Apparently he's one of the "special little snowflakes" around whom the universe orbits. When that didn't sink in, I just shrugged and went back to my laundry, whereupon he invited me to "step outside". I declined, telling him that wouldn't go well for him and that he'd end up getting arrested. He kept trying to entice my outside and I kept telling him that'd be a bad idea for him. He finally wandered off. After I got my clothes into the dryer, I went back and gave a lawyer friend a heads up. When I got my clothes out of the dryer and put in the next load, I was wearing my Citadel .45 and had my voice recorder going. I didn't see him again. I'm pretty sure I'd never seen him AT ALL previous to this. But then I take VERY little interest in my neighbors.
Ah, that paints the full picture of the encounter.

Thank you for elaborating.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

deanimator wrote:Just got threatened for taking somebody's clothes out of the dryer after they were done.

He seems to think that everybody knows his laundry by sight and that he "times" his laundry... in an apartment complex with one washer and one dryer.

Asked me if I wanted to go outside. I told him he'd just get arrested. Didn't tell him it'd probably be a lot worse... for him.

Called a lawyer friend and gave him a head's up. I'd consider calling the cops, but I don't even know who the imbecile in question is or what his apartment number is.

I really enjoy having the after hours phone AND doing my laundry with an M1911 on my hip...
How about an air tank and bolt gun next to the laundry basket. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

steves 50de wrote:
deanimator wrote:Just got threatened for taking somebody's clothes out of the dryer after they were done.

He seems to think that everybody knows his laundry by sight and that he "times" his laundry... in an apartment complex with one washer and one dryer.

Asked me if I wanted to go outside. I told him he'd just get arrested. Didn't tell him it'd probably be a lot worse... for him.

Called a lawyer friend and gave him a head's up. I'd consider calling the cops, but I don't even know who the imbecile in question is or what his apartment number is.

I really enjoy having the after hours phone AND doing my laundry with an M1911 on my hip...
How about an air tank and bolt gun next to the laundry basket. :lol:
Funny, but I doubt he'd be smart enough to get it, even if he'd just seen the movie five minutes previously.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.