Dog attack

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Dog attack

Post by Chuck »

Reading, writing, and Route 23,,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

And Rte 68 was the path for many migrant workers from Kentucky to work the onion fields on the Scioto Marsh in the late 19th & early 20th centuries.

Their descendants still live here.

(Beat me to it Chuck )
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Chuck wrote:The notion of "good old boys" doesn't play well with the elite; the same elite who thinks that good old boys ought to not have opinions of their own.
And if they are going to have their own opinions, they should keep them to themselves, and above all else, NEVER give advice
If a good old boy insists on not standing down and expressing his opinion, he can expect to be vilified by the elitist on every front, be it geography, family, education or for "harming the cause worse than the antis"
And if the good old boy tries to explain or defend himself, he is then causing infighting among ourselves

We're better than that.
Our tent is bigger than that
There should be more to a discussion on this forum than backwards insults,,,,
No insult was intended on my part. I hope none was taken
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Chuck wrote:The notion of "good old boys" doesn't play well with the elite; the same elite who thinks that good old boys ought to not have opinions of their own.
My use of "good ol' boys" is more a reference to the classic "good ol' boy networks," where the members seem to believe that their opinions are the only ones which do count:
The phrase "It's not what you know, it's whom you know" is associated with this tradition.
In terms of Internet forums, those tend to be the people who have been posting for a long time and who believe that theirs is the Word of God® and should never be questioned. I believe that people should be required to defend their opinions with facts, logic, and law, not by mere reference to whom they are. See argumentum ad verecundiam.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Werz wrote:
My use of "good ol' boys" is more a reference to the classic "good ol' boy networks," where the members seem to believe that their opinions are the only ones which do count:
The phrase "It's not what you know, it's whom you know" is associated with this tradition.
In terms of Internet forums, those tend to be the people who have been posting for a long time and who believe that theirs is the Word of God® and should never be questioned. I believe that people should be required to defend their opinions with facts, logic, and law, not by mere reference to whom they are. See argumentum ad verecundiam.
No, actually, your use of the term was quite insulting,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

I thought it was Huber Heights? :mrgreen:
Mustang380gal wrote:You may not realize this, but a large portion of Ohio has ancestors who have come from the South. Many came to work in factories. In fact, it has been said that the capital of West Virginia is Akron, Ohio.

There's plenty of honest to goodness good ol' boys here in Ohio.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Chuck wrote:No, actually, your use of the term was quite insulting,,,,
Have a nice day, Chuck.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

WY_Not wrote:I thought it was Huber Heights? :mrgreen:
Mustang380gal wrote:You may not realize this, but a large portion of Ohio has ancestors who have come from the South. Many came to work in factories. In fact, it has been said that the capital of West Virginia is Akron, Ohio.

You mis-spelled it, its Hubriar Heights ! :P
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

I was going to go there but didn't want to get folks too wound up.

From an early age I trained my kids that it is Hubriar Heights and Pennsyltucky. :mrgreen:
BEAR! wrote:
WY_Not wrote:I thought it was Huber Heights? :mrgreen:

You mis-spelled it, its Hubriar Heights ! :P
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Metal1

Post by Metal1 »

Chuck wrote:
Werz wrote:
No, actually, your use of the term was quite insulting,,,,

Some really thin skinned people here. Damn! I didn't see one thing insulting.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

That right there is funny.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/1979-1998-b ... cks-us.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Breeds of dogs involved in fatal human attacks in the United States between 1979 and 1998
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
Funk49

Post by Funk49 »

Can you be charged with anything if you shoot into the ground and scare the dog away??
Funk49

Post by Funk49 »

Would anyone get into "discharging legalities" if you fired a shot....or two, into the ground to scare the animal away??
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

My best wild arsed guess, yes you could. Others may be along to comment further.

Warning shots (And that's what you are asking about would be considered.) are stupid.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.