Smiley Automotive

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Smiley Automotive

Post by troy bilt »

I have to get my Jeep clay bared to remove the rail dust. So I stopped into Smily Automotive in Norwalk. I was open carrying as I alway do. As soon as I got in the door a salesman started shaking his hands side to side a said I don't think your aloud to Conceal Carry in here.

I just simply told him that was fine and that I'll take my money else where and turned back toward the door. He says well I don't know if you can or can't do you mind if I check with the boss. I told him that would be fine and I waited out in the parking lot for a minute till he came back out apologizing to me.

This is the first time I have had a issue like this in the 3 years now that I have been OCing. I remembered what I have learned here and did not mention that there was no sign on the door because I did not want to remind them that they could post a sign. I stayed calm and courteous and reminded him that I had money to spend and that I was willing to spend if somewhere else.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Smiley Automotive

Post by Chuck »

Well done,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Well, you could have said, that's fine, I'm open carrying, not concealed.... :wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

TJW815 wrote:Well, you could have said, that's fine, I'm open carrying, not concealed.... :wink:
You still have faith that someone like this would understand the difference?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:P :mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
TJW815 wrote:Well, you could have said, that's fine, I'm open carrying, not concealed.... :wink:

Have you not seen my thread about Verizon Wireless?
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:

Yes, I opened carry in a place that had a big sign outside on the wall stating no concealed carry allowed. The clerk asked what gun it was and then where I get ammo for it since she couldn't find .380 ammo. That may have been the last time I was there and I think they took the big obnoxious sign down.

I got some gas there ONLY because of that big obnoxious sign so I could open carry. :P (in their face!)
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
docachna

Post by docachna »

A friendly word to the boss about the salesman's "mistake" might prevent future such "mistakes"........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE