Highway Patrol(Bowling Green)

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

XDSC9G30

Highway Patrol(Bowling Green)

Post by XDSC9G30 »

Just got off work and was heading home when my work car died on me right at 582 and 75 for those that know the area. I got off 75 since I noticed the vehicle starting to die and was on the 582 overpass over 75.

Highway Patrolman pulled up and came to the window rather quickly, didn't seem like he ran the plate. I informed immediately while handing my DL and CHL. The Trooper thanked me for informing, asked where the firearm was so I told him "On my right side".

He then proceeded to explain how he was going to get my vehicle to a safe place etc... Also said he'd check back in a bit since AAA was already on the way.

Great interaction as they should be. Wish I had his name.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Highway Patrol(Bowling Green)

Post by gaptrick »

How was he going to get your car "to a safe place"? Push it? That's protect and SERVE....
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I've watched Columbus PD push stalled cars off of overpasses (most cruisers have push bars), so pushing is definitely an option.
MyWifeSaidYes
docachna

Post by docachna »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I've watched Columbus PD push stalled cars off of overpasses (most cruisers have push bars), so pushing is definitely an option.
OSHP doesn't have push bars; never did, AFAIK. Never did quite understand why not.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Engineer Bill

Post by Engineer Bill »

The OSP post is just 3/4 mile west of the overpass on SR582!
Life/Benefactor NRA member, NRA Training Counselor, NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Recruiter; NRA RTBAV Instructor, OFCC member, Varmint Hunters Association member
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

docachna wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I've watched Columbus PD push stalled cars off of overpasses (most cruisers have push bars), so pushing is definitely an option.
OSHP doesn't have push bars; never did, AFAIK. Never did quite understand why not.
Something like that would interfere with the vehicle's ability to not stand out. Which, as far as I can tell, is their primary concern anymore.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
XDSC9G30

Post by XDSC9G30 »

gaptrick wrote:How was he going to get your car "to a safe place"? Push it? That's protect and SERVE....
Actually that is EXACTLY what he did. He pulled his car back a bit, got out and pushed my car backwards. I started to get out to help and he said to stay in so that we could get on the brakes faster. Like I said this was a great Trooper, wish I got his name.

That is correct that the OSHP post is right off 25 on 582.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

sodbuster95 wrote:
docachna wrote:
Something like that would interfere with the vehicle's ability to not stand out. Which, as far as I can tell, is their primary concern anymore.
them doing that does provide me with some morning amusement. My car looks fairly similar to the OSHP, when I merge onto 75 in the AM, everyone behind me instantly slows down... :twisted: