Police Stop

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

marktzu

Police Stop

Post by marktzu »

Question. I was involved in a minor car accident while driving my son's car. The accident was not my fault. Police called and the first thing they do is ask if I am carrying a gun, (my son has a CCW liscense). I had to show I'D to prove who I was. I reside in Ohio, Lucas county. I did not think the police had immediate access to ccw permit list. Cop was very aggressive. My wife was in the care and hurt her back. Cop never asked if anyone was hurt.
pirateguy191

Re: Police Stop

Post by pirateguy191 »

They do not have access to a list but the CHL is tied to the car's registration. When they ran the plate it showed that the owner, your son, has an Ohio CHL. Hope your wife feels better soon.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

That is when you tell the idiot that if you did you would have notified. Then tell him to quit being such an butt, that there is an injured person in the vehicle.

LEO needs a serious reality check. Injured person in vehicle should have taken priority over minutia of law and personal beefs.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

WY_Not wrote:LEO needs a serious reality check. Injured person in vehicle should have taken priority over minutia of law and personal beefs.
Yeah, but he can't arrest anybody for THAT...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I would say it's worth a follow up complaint
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Chuck wrote:I would say it's worth a follow up complaint
Yep. Don't expect a firing or anything grand but this is what I might call a teachable moment.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Chuck wrote:I would say it's worth a follow up complaint
This ^^^

And it's another reason that EVERYONE should own, carry and use a digital voice recorder.
MyWifeSaidYes