Near miss, Subway store robbed at knifepoint

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

muxtech

Near miss, Subway store robbed at knifepoint

Post by muxtech »

I stopped in at the local Subway sandwich shop on Oberlin Ave in Lorain Sunday Feb. 8th around 3 pm. After I finished eating at home, a friend stopped by and said that there were 5 police cars at the Subway down the street. I went there today and learned that they, (two young female employees) were robbed at knifepoint. It had to have been shortly after I had left. No one was hurt, but it sounds like they were shaken up pretty bad. They said that they do have good video of the perp's face. I didn't want to ask too many questions. It was good that they told me that much. I hope that they get him.

Today I'm asking myself, what if I had walked in on them? It can happen anywhere, anytime, even somewhere I'd been a hundred times before without incident. Makes you think.

I have looked all over online for a news story, but cannot find one, yet. The reporters must be off on Sunday.
The British are going! The British are going!
BobK

Re: Near miss, Subway store robbed at knifepoint

Post by BobK »

If I walk into a robbery in progress at the local McDonalds where I stop every morning for ice tea on the way to work, I am shooting the perp.

Misses Shirley and Stephanie have taken good, friendly care of me every morning for years. We chat every morning. I know about their kids and they know about mine. Yep, I am shooting if I walk into that.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Bob..it could be a rubber knife..... :wink:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Found a news report. I thought it was closer to 4 pm Sunday than 5pm, but, I don't know.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2015 ... y-robbery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The British are going! The British are going!
BobK

Post by BobK »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Bob..it could be a rubber knife..... :wink:
Doesn't matter to me. In Texas, unarmed robbery is still robbery, whereas armed robbery is aggravated robbery. Either way, I can shoot a robber in the act and it is presumed reasonable per statute.

Legally, shooting a robber in Texas is the same category as you shooting someone in your bedroom at home who is trying to rape you or your wife under Ohio law.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

That should be the standard everywhere. If you want to rob someone, you should be considered a target.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

WY_Not wrote:That should be the standard everywhere. If you want to rob someone, you should be considered a target.

I agree
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
SeanC
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by SeanC »

BobK wrote:If I walk into a robbery in progress at the local McDonalds where I stop every morning for ice tea on the way to work, I am shooting the perp.

Misses Shirley and Stephanie have taken good, friendly care of me every morning for years. We chat every morning. I know about their kids and they know about mine. Yep, I am shooting if I walk into that.
Not me. I've never taken a life, but I like to think I've mentally prepared myself for the situation where I might do it to protect myself, to protect my family, or in the service of my country. Maybe I'm not as resilient as I like to think, and I end up in years of therapy or consuming handfuls of anti-depressants every day to get through, but I'm prepared to accept that fate versus the alternative in the above three situations. Outside of those, however, I'm not interested in the legal, emotional, and moral aftermath that could easily follow. I'm not a cop and it's not my job to protect the world from nastiness.
I am a lawyer; I am not your lawyer.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

In a former life, I drew my pistol in three separate occasions.

In one situation, I was right, in one I was wrong, and in one I was very wrong. I was fortunate in not pulling the trigger on each occasion.

Having endured enough drama in my life, if I ever am unfortunate enough to enter a robbery in progress, I shall leave or find cover, and be the best witness I can be for the survivors. The last thing I would want to do is engage a member of the criminal underclass while he is working. Members of the criminal underclass tend to have bad impulse control, support from some pols and the Lewinsky media, as well as access to decent lawyers.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

For those that cop out on a arm robbery when they could of helped, I say this....I hope it is not one of your love one's in that situation....For those that cop out if my wife's bank is robbed when she is there working, and you are there, and something bad goes down.....You will be on my crap list...
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Sure, I hope my family nor friends are so troubled.

But, I'll risk the list. I don't think I can be successfully sued for failing to engage a criminal as he is robbing and/or shooting people. Disrupting/disturbing a criminal while he's working could be considered an unfair labor practice.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

TR. Your one amazing person...and I don't mean that as a compliment....

I know a lot of people that are me me I I...
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

C – You nailed it. I am a self-centered person who only thinks of myself. Moreover, I don’t justify my selfish behavior to anyone, i.e. family, friends, acquaintances, nor strangers. As Popeye would opine, “I yam what I yam…”
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

As I've said before... I couldn't sit back and watch someone get killed... I know that's a decision each man/woman must make... But my decision has been made a long time ago.... I like others have stated, hope that if my wife was in a situation like that, someone would do their best to protect her.... It's not about playing cop, its about caring about your fellow man/woman... That's one thing that's wrong with this country... Folks don't care about their neighbor...its all about them....There was a time when we cared for each other.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

There was also a time when our country was not so litigious.

See Zimmerman, George.

See life, destroyed.

See future, dismal.

See Tweed Ring, none of the above.