Mason PD A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bama.45

Mason PD A+

Post by Bama.45 »

Well... I got pulled over for speeding.. I actually did realize my speed until I saw the cruiser going the opposite way... I hit the brakes... But it was too late :oops: ... So instead of stopping on the two lane busy road... I put my hazards on and pulled off on a side street... I rolled my window down and had my hands on the steering wheel, the officer approached and I told her first thing that I was a CHL holder and she asked I I was armed I told her yes ma'am and that it was on my right side... She asked for my DL, I told her it was in my right back pocket. And asked how to proceed? She just took my social,ran me and came back with a warning,she thanked me for being a concealed carry holder and asked me to slow down for her... Every time I have had an interaction with Mason PD it has been a good experience.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
TJW815

Re: Mason PD A+

Post by TJW815 »

It seems like lots of CHL holders get a pass on speeding. At least on this one little piece of the interwebs.

Congrats on the warning.
RichN

Post by RichN »

If you had ran into a bad cop they could have made an issue of the fact that you didn't tell them you were armed until they asked. It is safest if that declaration is made as part of your initial statement.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

RichN wrote:If you had ran into a bad cop they could have made an issue of the fact that you didn't tell them you were armed until they asked. It is safest if that declaration is made as part of your initial statement.

It was the first thing I tolf her as soon as she got to my window..I kinda cut her off to tell her lol.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

TJW815 wrote:It seems like lots of CHL holders get a pass on speeding. At least on this one little piece of the interwebs.

Congrats on the warning.
Well she ran my license and saw that my record was clean lol..I haven't been pulled over for speeding since 1998.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Never had any problems with Mason PD. Not on the road, on this forum or in their gun shops.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

fyrfytr310 wrote:Never had any problems with Mason PD. Not on the road, on this forum or in their gun shops.

Yeah one of the Mason PD officers is an owner or the owner(not sure which lol) of Firepower in Mason... He's a stand up guy, cares about his customers.... But all of those guys are for that matter.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

RichN

Post by RichN »

Bama.45 wrote:
RichN wrote:If you had ran into a bad cop they could have made an issue of the fact that you didn't tell them you were armed until they asked. It is safest if that declaration is made as part of your initial statement.

It was the first thing I tolf her as soon as she got to my window..I kinda cut her off to tell her lol.
You original post has me confused. Why did she ask you if you were armed if you had already told her?
"Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

RichN wrote:
Bama.45 wrote:

You original post has me confused. Why did she ask you if you were armed if you had already told her?

I told her I had a CHL, she is the one that asked me if I was armed..She knew what I was going to say next lol..Her response was more in the form of a statement than a question.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

RichN

Post by RichN »

The requirement is to notify that you have a license AND that you are armed. I personally don't wait for the cop to ask for either piece of information.
- Benjamin Franklin

Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

RichN wrote:The requirement is to notify that you have a license AND that you are armed. I personally don't wait for the cop to ask for either piece of information.

Erm...I did notify before asked..It was the first words out of my mouth when she got to the window..She knew I was going to say I was armed because I was informing her that I am a CHL holder....So she made the statement "And you're armed"..To which I replied yes.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

RichN wrote:The requirement is to notify that you have a license AND that you are armed. I personally don't wait for the cop to ask for either piece of information.
This is my main gripe with the way things are done in Ohio. I have had to inform twice so far, and all that I said was "FYI I have a concealed carry license". That IMHO says it all. It qualifies as an inform, and it tells them that I am armed. Having been furnished that information, only an idiot would then ask me if I am armed.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
gransport

Post by gransport »

I've only notified once, to a Beavercreek officer. I used two words, "I'm armed". He then replied with two letters, "O" and "K".
docachna

Post by docachna »

glocksmith wrote:
This is my main gripe with the way things are done in Ohio. I have had to inform twice so far, and all that I said was "FYI I have a concealed carry license". That IMHO says it all. It qualifies as an inform, and it tells them that I am armed. Having been furnished that information, only an idiot would then ask me if I am armed.
I don't know what you mean by "it qualifies as an inform", but it does not satisfy the requirements of the O.R.C.:
2923.126 (eff. until 3-23-15)

A....
If a licensee is stopped for a law enforcement purpose and if the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun at the time the officer approaches, the licensee shall promptly inform any law enforcement officer who approaches the licensee while stopped that the licensee has been issued a concealed handgun license and that the licensee currently is carrying a concealed handgun;
I join your displeasure with the requirements of the notification statute, but merely notifying that you have a license opens the door for an Officer Richard (and they ARE out there) to hammer you for failure to properly notify. Hate it all you like, but it says what it says.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

All in all.. still an A+ for the officer. We cant get it right each time!
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"