[Warning Graphic Video] Man With Machete Takes 3

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Metal1

Re: [Warning Graphic Video] Man With Machete Takes 3

Post by Metal1 »

Pelvic girdle, head shots :roll: Wake up. Centermass until the threat is eliminated. You aren't shooting non moving paper targets at the range.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Metal1 wrote:Pelvic girdle, head shots :roll: Wake up. Centermass until the threat is eliminated. You aren't shooting non moving paper targets at the range.
But isn't this precisely the reason why "failure to stop" drills are practiced?

The one thing that was surprising to me was that as the target closed, it's also relatively easier to achieve more precise shots, even without the ability to get a true hard sight-picture, even when both the target and the shooter are moving.

Nevertheless, this is still distance/time dependent.

At the distances of this particular scenario, I'd probably have mag-dumped center-mass - but more than that, I'd have tried to displace as much as that seemingly small room would have allowed.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

TSiWRX wrote:At the distances of this particular scenario, I'd probably have mag-dumped center-mass - but more than that, I'd have tried to displace as much as that seemingly small room would have allowed.
I'm with you here. I believe I would have pulled the trigger until the slide locked in this scenario. I don't know that I would have been shooting for anything more precise than minute-of-bad-guy.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

evan price wrote:
TJW815 wrote:Hmmm, he should have aimed a smidge higher.
I was thinking maybe more shots fired.
And getting a front door that wasn't made of Frosted Mini-Wheats.

Frosted mini wheats :lol: .. That guy did bust through like the Kool Aid man. :lol:
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Bama.45 wrote:That guy did bust through like the Kool Aid man. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio