CKN eating Dog

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: CKN eating Dog

Post by WhyNot »

since the thread came back up from last year just f.y.i. to one & all, waaay back on my post I never said the OP should shoot the dog as 1st recourse. I was referencing that, others did say that.

BTW, has there been any other problems with the animal?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

It is not the OP's responsibility to control a roaming canine. Shoot the damn thing!
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

It is not the OP's responsibility to control a roaming canine. The FIRST responsibility of a pet owner is to control their animal.

Shoot the damn thing!
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Mr. Glock wrote:It's a handsome looking German Shepard-type..I'd go make friends, feed him and eventually you'll have a great dog of your own that will trade his current situation for a better situation.
Now there is an idea!
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
Buckeyedoc

Post by Buckeyedoc »

soberbiker wrote:I would send the owner a certified letter with a copy of 955.28 inside. Is there a leash law in the area???
I like this idea, provided you can track the owner, of course. They can't claim ignorance later. We're getting ready to get a bunch of chickens. We're going to have to coop them because of coyotes in the area, but it's good to know about 955.28 regardless.
Moneypit

Post by Moneypit »

If my dogs got out and killed a chicken (or anything) I would appreciate a bill to pay and be grateful that the person who suffered loss did not kill my dog. I would be remorseful and would make sure my dog(s) did not get out again and would do anything I could to make it right even if that meant paying thousands. To some of us our dogs are family members and we try to keep them safe and confined. But we are human and sometimes we fail. Please don't take the advice to shoot first. After you have suffered a loss there is no reason to make it worse by killing the dog who's owners failed him/her. However, if the owner, once notified does not seem to care I feel that the poor dog will be left to suffer the consequences of an irresponsible owner.
I have done something wicked yet my heart feels as pure as a lamb.