Waynesville PD and Clearcrek Twp PD: A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Buckeyedoc

Waynesville PD and Clearcrek Twp PD: A+

Post by Buckeyedoc »

The kids and I had taken my father-in-law to look for a new truck. We had made it about 1 minute from our house when we had gotten into the turn lane to turn onto our road. Some knuckle dragging POS decided to side swipe us and take off. We followed him for about 15 minutes while on the phone with 911. I informed the dispatcher that I was a CHL holder and was armed. I heard him on the radio relaying that information. This mental pygmy decided that he had gone long enough and decided to pull into a gas station in Waynesville. About a minute later, Waynesville PD rolled in with 2 cruisers. I already had my DL and CHL our and handy. CHL on top of course. I politely informed her that I possess a CHL and am currently carrying and told her where it was located. She said, "Thank you," and went about her business. Because the accident happened in Clearcreek Twp., that was the officer who will be writing the report. The 2 WPD officers had left and now she was the lone officer. She was in possession of my CHL and I re-informed her that I was carrying. She nodded in acceptance and that was that. We went on our way highly {inappropriate language} that the guy didn't get cited despite admitting to the hit and run. This was the 3rd effing time our van has been hit and someone took off. Moral of the story..............DON'T BUY A MAROON CAR.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Waynesville PD and Clearcrek Twp PD: A+

Post by schmieg »

Buckeyedoc wrote:The kids and I had taken my father-in-law to look for a new truck. We had made it about 1 minute from our house when we had gotten into the turn lane to turn onto our road. Some knuckle dragging POS decided to side swipe us and take off. We followed him for about 15 minutes while on the phone with 911. I informed the dispatcher that I was a CHL holder and was armed. I heard him on the radio relaying that information. This mental pygmy decided that he had gone long enough and decided to pull into a gas station in Waynesville. About a minute later, Waynesville PD rolled in with 2 cruisers. I already had my DL and CHL our and handy. CHL on top of course. I politely informed her that I possess a CHL and am currently carrying and told her where it was located. She said, "Thank you," and went about her business. Because the accident happened in Clearcreek Twp., that was the officer who will be writing the report. The 2 WPD officers had left and now she was the lone officer. She was in possession of my CHL and I re-informed her that I was carrying. She nodded in acceptance and that was that. We went on our way highly {inappropriate language} that the guy didn't get cited despite admitting to the hit and run. This was the 3rd effing time our van has been hit and someone took off. Moral of the story..............DON'T BUY A MAROON CAR.
It happens to silver cars, too. My wife was in the right lane waiting at a light when a guy decided not to wait until traffic moved to the point where he could get into the left turn lane without crossing the double yellow line. Since cars were coming in the opposite direction, he kept close to the right lane as he crossed the line to the turn lane and sideswiped my wife in her Outback. He then had to stop and wait for the light to change, so my wife wrote down the license number and made a right turn at the light instead of the straight to come home. The purpose of the right turn was to pull into the police station that was located at the intersection. The police had her follow them to the guy's home and took care of everything, giving the guy tickets for failure to control and leaving the scene plus got the insurance information for us. His insurance company took care of the damage within a couple of days.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Buckeyedoc

Post by Buckeyedoc »

schmieg wrote:
Buckeyedoc wrote:The kids and I had taken my father-in-law to look for a new truck. We had made it about 1 minute from our house when we had gotten into the turn lane to turn onto our road. Some knuckle dragging POS decided to side swipe us and take off. We followed him for about 15 minutes while on the phone with 911. I informed the dispatcher that I was a CHL holder and was armed. I heard him on the radio relaying that information. This mental pygmy decided that he had gone long enough and decided to pull into a gas station in Waynesville. About a minute later, Waynesville PD rolled in with 2 cruisers. I already had my DL and CHL our and handy. CHL on top of course. I politely informed her that I possess a CHL and am currently carrying and told her where it was located. She said, "Thank you," and went about her business. Because the accident happened in Clearcreek Twp., that was the officer who will be writing the report. The 2 WPD officers had left and now she was the lone officer. She was in possession of my CHL and I re-informed her that I was carrying. She nodded in acceptance and that was that. We went on our way highly {inappropriate language} that the guy didn't get cited despite admitting to the hit and run. This was the 3rd effing time our van has been hit and someone took off. Moral of the story..............DON'T BUY A MAROON CAR.
It happens to silver cars, too. My wife was in the right lane waiting at a light when a guy decided not to wait until traffic moved to the point where he could get into the left turn lane without crossing the double yellow line. Since cars were coming in the opposite direction, he kept close to the right lane as he crossed the line to the turn lane and sideswiped my wife in her Outback. He then had to stop and wait for the light to change, so my wife wrote down the license number and made a right turn at the light instead of the straight to come home. The purpose of the right turn was to pull into the police station that was located at the intersection. The police had her follow them to the guy's home and took care of everything, giving the guy tickets for failure to control and leaving the scene plus got the insurance information for us. His insurance company took care of the damage within a couple of days.
The officer said that his insurance will take care of everything. IIRC, there has to be fault determined in order for insurances to go after someone else. I should get the report in a few days and I'll see what it says. He told the cops he didn't stop because he was afraid of us. I was in a mini-van. The guy started walking over like he was going to start some crap. Then I stepped out. 6'2" 325 (not all fat). He thought better of saying anything.
jgi1020

Post by jgi1020 »

To bad it didn't happen in Delaware city. I posted a few months ago I was rear ended and the guy took off. He just finished his court trial with a plea deal of reckless operations.