Did I keep something from escalating?

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Did I keep something from escalating?

Post by Chuck »

Doesn't matter if he beats her every day
He ain't beating her in front of me,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
BobK

Post by BobK »

Chuck wrote:Doesn't matter if he beats her every day
I agree with that he ain't beating her in front of me. I am simply observing that the situation is sad, because the abuse probably continues.

If anyone has ever experienced family members or relatives who go through spousal abuse, you have to agree that the entire situation is sad.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

^I totally agree... I'm not gonna stand by and watch a woman get beat by a man.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

BobK wrote:
I agree with that he ain't beating her in front of me. I am simply observing that the situation is sad, because the abuse probably continues.

If anyone has ever experienced family members or relatives who go through spousal abuse, you have to agree that the entire situation is sad.
This is where I am at with everything. I mean no criticism to MWSY.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

What if she was, and you knew it, a left leaning libtard from NYC ? :P
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Yep... I had an aunt that was in am abusive relationship... I went and got her one day because she asked me to... Said she was leaving the guy... I had my wife at the time in the car... The guy's in the shower... Well he comes running out in shorts and grabs her,trying to pull her out of my car... So I got out, went over to him and pulled him out by the hair of his head and told him the best thing he could do is get his bitt in the house.... He ran and grabbed a brick and drew back as if he was going to throw it... I pulled my Berretta.40 and warned him if he attempted to throw the brick... I would shoot... He dropped the brick and went into the house.... Anyways 3 days later, she was back with him.... I told her not to involve me again. Some women just won't break that cycle for whatever reason.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:What if she was, and you knew it, a left leaning libtard from NYC ? :P

Still no woman deserves to be beat by a man period... I hope my kindness would open her eyes to the truth as well.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

BobK wrote:

And yet, in many cases, the combined resources of law enforcement and social services, both public and private, will be ineffective in terminating the abusive relationship. The only thing which will prevent her from lying for him will be if he kills her. Yeah, that's how sad it can get.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

When I first went into private practice, our first contested divorce case was an abusive situation. My partner and I had done a legal presentation for Loveland High School and the couple's son persuaded the wife to come see us. She had been married for 20 years and had been beaten on a regular basis. She relayed a story that during her wedding reception, she had talked back to her new husband and her father held her while the bridegroom hit her several times to put her in her place. She had grown up in an abusive home and married into another one and had no idea that was not normal.

As a side note, my partner handled the final hearing. At the end of it, while still in the courtroom the 6'2" truck driver husband grabbed my 5' 7" partner by the tie and lifted him off the ground saying he was going to cut his Jewish gentlemen vegetables off (not quite those words though). The judge had the deputies grab him before he got out of the court house and had him locked up immediately. The guy's attorney had him plea out when he saw there were seven attorneys, two deputies and a domestic relations judge as the prosecution witnesses.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand