Columbus PD - Great Response

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

docpadds

Columbus PD - Great Response

Post by docpadds »

So while leaving work the other day I set off the alarm without realizing. The alarm company called but due to them changing caller ID I ignored it....

A few minutes later as i am about to pull out, CPD pulls in and knocks on window.

Talked about alarm etc, got that sorted but the best part was:

Me: I have a concealed handgun license, I need to tell you that.
LEO: Good, this is America.

Thats up there as best one ever.
https://t.me/pump_upp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tweed Ring

Re: Columbus PD - Great Response

Post by Tweed Ring »

Great reply!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Well, it's close, but I do agree that this was slightly better than the shaky female officer that unloaded a legal citizen's handgun and placed it on the rear bumper of his car and then left first, so there was even less chance the CHL'er could possibly "hurt" her. :x

Sorry, I wish I had a link, but I know this happened.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
fisher

Post by fisher »

Were you armed? I ask because according to ORC 2923.126 there are two elements for notification while armed;A. Notifying about the licence, B. Notifying about the handgun.
If a licensee is stopped for a law enforcement purpose and if the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun at the time the officer approaches, the licensee shall promptly inform any law enforcement officer who approaches the licensee while stopped that the licensee has been issued a concealed handgun license and that the licensee currently is carrying a concealed handgun;
If you were not armed, there is nothing in the ORC which would require you to notify about the license.

Notification needs to go away, IMHO.
"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gunbanobama.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Notification does need to go away, but docpadds is never not armed. I don't even know him that well, I shouldn't speak for him, but I'm going to suggest that I'm very much right in this particular case.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
docpadds

Post by docpadds »

Not armed, that's pretty funny :)
Especially outside my business' front door.
https://t.me/pump_upp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
larryholmes

Post by larryholmes »

docpadds wrote:Not armed, that's pretty funny :)
Especially outside my business' front door.
Is that so. :roll:
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

For those who may not know, that's his GunEnvy logo at the top of every third page on the forum,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
larryholmes

Post by larryholmes »

Okey, I see it. Thanks for the info.