Toledo PD gets good marks

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Toledo PD gets good marks

Post by sodbuster95 »

So, I *may* have been exceeding the speed limit on the way home from work today and was stopped by TPD.

Upon approach, the officer simply asked if I had my DL and I responded with "Yes, and I also have a duty to inform you that I have a CHL and am presently armed." He was completely unfazed by this and merely said, "Yeah, I knew that."

After determining that I would not get a ticket today, we chatted for a bit about Army stuff and I was on my way. Overall, a complete non-event (insofar as the CHL and handgun).
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Toledo PD gets good marks

Post by Werz »

sodbuster95 wrote:So, I *may* have been exceeding the speed limit on the way home from work today and was stopped by TPD.

Upon approach, the officer simply asked if I had my DL and I responded with "Yes, and I also have a duty to inform you that I have a CHL and am presently armed." He was completely unfazed by this and merely said, "Yeah, I knew that."

After determining that I would not get a ticket today, we chatted for a bit about Army stuff and I was on my way. Overall, a complete non-event (insofar as the CHL and handgun).
And you didn't say, "But you didn't know if I had gun on me, did you?" I'm not sure everyone here would have had the good sense to avoid saying that.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Toledo PD gets good marks

Post by sodbuster95 »

Werz wrote:And you didn't say, "But you didn't know if I had gun on me, did you?" I'm not sure everyone here would have had the good sense to avoid saying that.
Honestly...I was actually tempted to make a comment along those lines. I decided that the difference between the posted speed and my, um, "alleged" actual speed militated against being cute. :wink:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.