Lake county Sheriff

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Lake county Sheriff

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

WestonDon wrote:...

Could be that the majority of his bosses (the voters) either approve of his position or don't care.
I'm leaning toward that second option. :roll:
MyWifeSaidYes
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Not that they don't care it is that the majority in Ashtabula county would vote for a tree stump if it had a "D" after it's name on the ballot.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

Birdman wrote:Total:
Lake County..........6289
Let's do some quick, approximate math:

6289 X $67= $421,000

Enough for 421 bullet proof vests or 9 or 10 patrol cars every year.
HancockCountyHaL
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

To be fair, it's my understanding that the $67 fee is split between the county, and state coffers. Can't recall the percentages but maybe 50-50. Still, according to the county auditor I've known for years, efficient processing of the license applications makes it a positive revenue situation.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

Ashtabula County in general is quite gun friendly. How a sheriff like Johnson stays in office is a complete mystery. We have a grocery store that sells guns upstairs, although I think there may be some trouble there. He had opposition in 2012, but came out ahead, it really was not that close.
I renewed my license, expired by two weeks, in 15 minutes at Lake County. If your county touches Lake County, make the trip.
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

I just renewed my CCW in Lake County, which is adjacent to my county of Ashtabula.
In and out in about 10 minutes. No waiting. Walked out with my CCW. You must make an appointment. Absolutely the best service I have ever had. My first CCW and 1st renewal was in Ashtabula county.....to which I will NEVER go back, until a leadership change there.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

We tried voting him out but Ds came out to support him. Birdman is correct, we have a lot of tree stumps in office out there. Can't remember his last name but Randy from Andover ran against him for sheriff and was all about open and concealed carry.
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

His name was (and still is :D ) Randy Gentry...and he got my vote.

rbel
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rbel »

I had a great experience with Lake County Sheriff. I went for my first time CHL in January. I live in Cuyahoga County. Cuyahoga appointments were backed up until the middle of March and Lorain was backed up until the middle of February. I got an appointment within a week at Lake County. I did not have to supply a photo like you do in Cuyahoga and Lorain. I was in there for about 20 minutes and walked out the door with my new CHL in hand, no wait period whatsoever. He told me if your record is clean with NOTHING on it it goes fast.