UDAP Bear Spray ---> WORKS (on Dog) as Advertised !

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MrKitty

Re: UDAP Bear Spray ---> WORKS (on Dog) as Advertised !

Post by MrKitty »

So glad I'm not the only person that carries UDAP!! =D
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

My dog got sprayed three weeks ago.

You might know the guy that sprayed him... Pepe Le Pew ? Image

GOD! It was AWFUL!!
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

BEAR! wrote:My dog got sprayed three weeks ago.

You might know the guy that sprayed him... Pepe Le Pew ?

GOD! It was AWFUL!!
Had that happen early this year - stupid dog cornered the sunk & got sprayed in the face. I got him away from the skunk but he kept wanting to go back at it, all the while shaking his head and wiping it in the grass. Stupid dog.

Anyway, I didn't have many options to try to get rid of the smell at 4am but found a great home-brew remedy online. Turns out some university or another did some research and found that a mixture of 1 quart of hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup of baking soda, and a squirt of dish soap (I used Dawn) worked almost as well as the expensive commercial treatments. I have to say it went from almost intolerable (in fact, the wife couldn't get within 20' of the dog so the job fell to me and my son) to "OK, we can let him in the house now" after washing him down with the mixture. Did again when I got home that evening and after his coat dried you had to put your face in his fur to smell it.

Highly recommended. Also recommended, don't forget to remove rings, watches, etc. before beginning, and put on clothes you don't care about - I think I walked through the scent or had some of the wash mixture spill on my shoes and could smell them for a week. I also had to soak my wedding band (one of those rings with the center section that rotates) and another ring with engravings on the surface to get rid of the smell.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
CousinCarl

Post by CousinCarl »

remphoto wrote:I sprayed a charging dog once with the little can of pepper spray like the postmen carry. It stopped immediately and headed for a nearby pond where it remained for an hour thrashing its head in the water. I got a small whiff of the spray and it was pretty potent.
Is that "Halt!"?
"Who is John Galt?"

"So this is how freedom dies --- with thunderous applause."
CousinCarl

Post by CousinCarl »

JustaShooter wrote:
BEAR! wrote:My dog got sprayed three weeks ago.

You might know the guy that sprayed him... Pepe Le Pew ?

GOD! It was AWFUL!!
Had that happen early this year - stupid dog cornered the sunk & got sprayed in the face. I got him away from the skunk but he kept wanting to go back at it, all the while shaking his head and wiping it in the grass. Stupid dog.

Anyway, I didn't have many options to try to get rid of the smell at 4am but found a great home-brew remedy online. Turns out some university or another did some research and found that a mixture of 1 quart of hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup of baking soda, and a squirt of dish soap (I used Dawn) worked almost as well as the expensive commercial treatments. I have to say it went from almost intolerable (in fact, the wife couldn't get within 20' of the dog so the job fell to me and my son) to "OK, we can let him in the house now" after washing him down with the mixture. Did again when I got home that evening and after his coat dried you had to put your face in his fur to smell it.

Highly recommended. Also recommended, don't forget to remove rings, watches, etc. before beginning, and put on clothes you don't care about - I think I walked through the scent or had some of the wash mixture spill on my shoes and could smell them for a week. I also had to soak my wedding band (one of those rings with the center section that rotates) and another ring with engravings on the surface to get rid of the smell.
So did your dog become a "peroxide blonde"?
"Who is John Galt?"

"So this is how freedom dies --- with thunderous applause."
remphoto

Post by remphoto »

CousinCarl wrote:
remphoto wrote:I sprayed a charging dog once with the little can of pepper spray like the postmen carry. It stopped immediately and headed for a nearby pond where it remained for an hour thrashing its head in the water. I got a small whiff of the spray and it was pretty potent.
Is that "Halt!"?
Sorry for the slow response, but yes it was "Halt!".