Attempted break-in this morning

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

techguy85

Re: Attempted break-in this morning

Post by techguy85 »

I had the guy that did my doorframes and deadbolts come and install something. It is essentially a clamp on the frame of the door with 2 deadbolt style bolts from top down and bottom up. It holds the door shut and keeps someone from moving it up and down from the outside. it looks like it'll do the trick.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Good outcome to the story.

Get a security camera system. They're not too expensive anymore and are pretty easy to setup and use. The hardest part is wiring, so find wireless if you can.

Then you will have something to hand to the police to catch these losers if there's a next time.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Was it something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u09uJ6hKXjc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Remember, even though you've hardened the locking mechanism, the glass can still be broken. I recommend a safe for when you are not at home and a security camera can be an aid to help catch the guys if they come back. Might be a good time to check with neighbors you trust to help watch each other's back as well.

Sounds like you've taken a good first step.
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

It looks very similar to that.
My neighbors are all usually gone during the day. Including the cop that lives nearby.
I'm still considering cameras though.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Burglars have opined the two things they fear most is a loud barking dog and a nervous homeowner with an itchy trigger finger.
Bflem55

Post by Bflem55 »

A piece of block wood in the slide works the best.