First notify with Mason PD A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bama.45

First notify with Mason PD A+

Post by Bama.45 »

I was in an accident this evening. Sitting stopped when a young lady plowed me in the rear end and knocked me into the car in front of me...No one was hurt..Although my shoulder and neck feels stiff..Anyways, got Mason PD on the scene. And when the officer approached me I told him I was a CHL holder and I was armed with my firearm being on my right hip. I already had my DL, insurance and CCW in hand before he got there..He thanked me and said I was the first that had notified him during a wreck investigation..He was really cool.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
ArmyAndNavyVet

Re: First notify with Mason PD A+

Post by ArmyAndNavyVet »

Be sure and get your injury looked at today... or tomorrow at the latest. Glad the LEO was cool.
NRA Distinguished Life Member
Viet Nam Combat Veteran, 1967-1968, I Corps (Army)
Beirut 1983 (Navy)
Lấy máu Nga Hoa mà hòa rượu đế
Lấy xác cộng xây cầu bên hải
Lấy râu cụ Hồ làm bàn chải đánh giầy
Chặt đầu việt cộng mà nấu canh chua
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Yeah... I'm pretty stiff now... I'm going to go in the morning.. My fiancé was with me and she had been to the dentist yesterday.. Was sore and hurting from the jar of the impact making her teeth bump together... Didn't want her to have to sit at the E.R.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
docachna

Post by docachna »

ArmyAndNavyVet wrote:Be sure and get your injury looked at today... or tomorrow at the latest. Glad the LEO was cool.

Yes. Err on the side of caution. Stuff can show up 48-72 hours later that you didn't see coming. Better to document now.

Now, the only obstacle to deal with is the dozens of lawyer solicitation letters you will be receiving. But the up side, they'll usually send you a copy of the accident report, so you won't have to pay for that.... :roll:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Yeah I know..Last year I had only been up here a month and hit a deer, totaling my car..The next day I got a call from an ambulance chaser asking if the other person had insurance and what their name was..I told the lady the other involved name was Buck Deer..And she asked what insurance did they have..I said..Woodland national :lol: ..I guess with it all being public info is why they do that..never had this problem in Alabama lol
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07