Got stopped on the way home from work

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rufus

Got stopped on the way home from work

Post by rufus »

I work second shift so on the ride home I am on the lookout for Cops fishing. Well I got pulled over the other night by a Highway Patrolman from the Wayne County Post. I was on my 1982 Honda Passport "motorcycle" and he walks up and asks me "how fast will this thing go?" I told him about my personal record of 50 going downhill drafting behind a trash truck and he asks for the license and registration walks back to the cruiser. Returning with a warning for no taillight, he tells me since I didn't have very far to go to turn on my right turn signal and drive home that way. Since I was not armed I did not inform and he did not ask.
Brian D.

Re: Got stopped on the way home from work

Post by Brian D. »

We read about the misinformed and deliberately obtuse LEO's on here to the point where it's easy to forget that the bad ones are a very tiny percentage of the overall numbers.

I've informally "surveyed" some cops of my acquaintance about the notification law specifics off and on over the last decade. Lately less than one in ten don't have it right.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
jmwildenthal

Post by jmwildenthal »

I can't recall receiving a speeding ticket since I got my first CHL 15 years ago. Warnings, yes. Tickets, no. I think that speaks strongly about how most officers feel about concealed carry.
I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice. If you want legal advice, pay an attorney for it.
NRA Certified Instructor
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

jmwildenthal wrote:I can't recall receiving a speeding ticket since I got my first CHL 15 years ago. Warnings, yes. Tickets, no. I think that speaks strongly about how most officers feel about concealed carry.
My first inform (while speeding) coincided with a ticket.. and then a brief discussion about what we carried. Overall pleasant exchange. Got to love Kirkersville.. :wink:
Conversely, prior to my chl days, while speeding - to a greater degree than Kirkersville - on the Appalachian Highway(via Kawasaki) I tend to believe a Jesus-fish earring led to my receiving a warning instead of a ticket. Got to love Jesus :wink:
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe