My OHSP stop friday grrrrr

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

docachna

Re: My OHSP stop friday grrrrr

Post by docachna »

"Lickspittle shill".

I learned a new word today.

Actually, two new words.

Thank you ! :lol:

BTW - yes, Taft certainly was one o' them......never paid any attention to Voinovich one way or the other. Simply a douche.....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

deanimator wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:Gov. Voinovich and his siblings grew up on Corning Drive, in Bratenahl. I grew up on Burton Avenue, in Bratenahl, albeit below the salt. Went to school with his younger siblings. He was always an anti-gun person. Nothing lickspittle about his position – it was obvious, apparent, and long-standing. When one voted for George Voinovich, one was voting for an ethnic, moderate Republican. I posit he would have been against concealed carry even if the OSP/Ohio FOP had signed on to the proposal.

Conversely, Governor Taft always thrust a dampened finger in the air, testing the political winds. He signed a Bill which tossed a bone to all interested parties.
I recall his series of comments about concealed carry, and remember him frequently wrapping himself in the OSP's flag. If I'm not mistaken, his asinine comments regarding legal CCW and Chyne(sp?) and Chevy Keyhoe were specifically entwined with the desires of the OSP.

His idiotic anti-gun comments were routinely wrapped up in references to the OSP and other LE orgs. That makes him a lickspittle shill.
Call him what you will.

Let’s go to school, Politics 101, City of Cleveland, Ohio.

Fact: Cleveland has always been a divided city. Historically, the East Side was populated by ethnic (pronounced “etnik”) Eastern Europeans; the West Side by both the shanty and the lace curtain Irish. The urban core was controlled by blacks. These are three groups which are traditionally Democrats. In Cleveland, they were militantly Democrat and these groups held political sway. WASPS were immaterial, as were those living on the South Side. Suburbs were typically WASP/Republican, but they couldn’t vote in the city.

Fact: In the 20th. Century, very few Republicans have been elected Mayor of Cleveland. Prior to George Voinovich (1980-1989), there was Ralph Perk (1972-1977) (for whom I worked.) However, prior to Mayor Perk, one has to look all the way back to Edward J. Blythin, who served one year in 1941.

Fact: From 1941 to 1972, Cleveland Republicans were starved…no power, no patronage, little money. City pols live on patronage.
Ethnic Republican pols like Perk and Voinovich were smart to cobble together winning coalitions as they were able to sweep the ethnic East Side, and moderate enough not to frighten the shanty and lace curtain bog stompers on the West Side.

However, Perk was buried when he ran for U.S Senate. Conversely, Voinovich was elected to the OGA and a number of other positions as a moderate. It’s simply a winning formula for him.

Final fact: I’m not a single issue voter. I’ve supported George Voinovich throughout his career. I know his moderate views.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Tweed Ring wrote:Final fact: I’m not a single issue voter. I’ve supported George Voinovich throughout his career. I know his moderate views.
Fact: I'm an independent. I don't feel any better about having a Republican try to make me a disarmed victim than a Democrat doing it.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

To each, his own.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Final fact: I’m not a single issue voter. I’ve supported George Voinovich throughout his career. I know his moderate views.
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/lame-duc ... other-taft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tweed, I respect your learned opinions on many and varied subjects, and you surely have your 1st Amendment rights to speak your opinions, but when I read the above inserts, it clearly amounts to throwing the RKBA rights of people on this gun rights forum under the bus in the interests of political expediency, and seems out of place here.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I can understand that a Republican has to act like a Democrat to get elected in Cleveland.

I don't understand why said Republican isn't a Democrat.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
OHIOSTEVE

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

back to the topic at hand.. no way would I put the kick stand up and stand there and hold the bike.. arrest me or whgatever you wanna do... secondly that logic ( by the cop) is exactly opposite.. the bike will not go into gear with the kick stand down. it has a built in kill switch that it will only start and run in neutral with the stand down. thirdly I have a very limited amount of patience for a bully...especially an ignorant one wearing a badge.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Yet, having the operator straddle the bike, sans kickstand, is the very technique I taught the local sheriff's deputies for years.
fisher

Post by fisher »

OHIOSTEVE wrote:back to the topic at hand.. no way would I put the kick stand up and stand there and hold the bike.. arrest me or whgatever you wanna do... secondly that logic ( by the cop) is exactly opposite.. the bike will not go into gear with the kick stand down. it has a built in kill switch that it will only start and run in neutral with the stand down. thirdly I have a very limited amount of patience for a bully...especially an ignorant one wearing a badge.
I hold my bike up at:
Stop signs.
Stop lights.
Active train crossings.
Stopped traffic in construction zones.

My bike WILL go into gear with the kickstand down.

I can start my bike in gear, regardless of the position of the kickstand.
"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gunbanobama.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

OHIOSTEVE wrote:back to the topic at hand.. no way would I put the kick stand up and stand there and hold the bike.. arrest me or whgatever you wanna do... secondly that logic ( by the cop) is exactly opposite.. the bike will not go into gear with the kick stand down. it has a built in kill switch that it will only start and run in neutral with the stand down. thirdly I have a very limited amount of patience for a bully...especially an ignorant one wearing a badge.
The kill switch is not an industry standard. Many people (myself included) have bypassed this and other so-called safety switches in order to make things more user friendly.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

fisher wrote:
I hold my bike up at:
Stop signs.
Stop lights.
Active train crossings.
Stopped traffic in construction zones.

My bike WILL go into gear with the kickstand down.

I can start my bike in gear, regardless of the position of the kickstand.
So will mine (2006 H-D VRSCR ). Not all bikes have that switch, which btw is just more nanny state regulation from the feds.

(Yeah I'm 62 & on a V-Rod,perhaps someday I'll get an "old man's bike" ) :P
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
minuteman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by minuteman »

The Wilmington Highway Patrol Post is a DISTRICT Headquarters. Contact them. They will be able to help.
Minuteman