acting violent and threats

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: acting violent and threats

Post by Javelin Man »

carmen fovozzo wrote:You guys sound like a bunch of libtards....I'm not apologizing for someone else's BS... Anything you say can be mistaken in a negative way......act weak and see how far it gets you......

Sorry TR, I think your advice is well intended but I think it is week at best....IMO
Yup, seven days worth. :lol:

TR's advice is sound, eventually the idiot will think things through and realize he was at least partially wrong. But obviously the pedestrian in the parking lot should have stayed way out of the way. :shock:

Me: "What are you?! A moron?!"
Moron: "Yes!"
Me: :oops: "I'm sorry, I didn't realize. I obviously was in the way of your two-ton vehicle and should not have been walking to my vehicle. I will try to do better in the future."
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

carmen fovozzo wrote:You guys sound like a bunch of libtards....I'm not apologizing for someone else's BS... Anything you say can be mistaken in a negative way......act weak and see how far it gets you......

Sorry TR, I think your advice is well intended but I think it is week at best....IMO
CF: I'm clearly known for my liberal/leftist tendencies. Simply put, it's one of my failings.

I try to be polite, and if not polite, then civil, as I go about my day. Doesn't cost me anything, and it makes me feel good to be nice to others.

You tough guys can handle the rough trade.

My advice is worth exactly what anyone pays for it.

Life is replete with choices, by day, or by week.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Javelin Man wrote:

Yup, seven days worth. :lol:

TR's advice is sound, eventually the idiot will think things through and realize he was at least partially wrong. But obviously the pedestrian in the parking lot should have stayed way out of the way. :shock:

Me: "What are you?! A moron?!"
Moron: "Yes!"
Me: :oops: "I'm sorry, I didn't realize. I obviously was in the way of your two-ton vehicle and should not have been walking to my vehicle. I will try to do better in the future."
My post was edited at 12:10 to correct the spelling....your post reads 12:14...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Bully's don't like NICE people , they breed on them...by being polite for no reason you invite more hostility. This poster was lucky.....being sarcastic (sir) will set them off....

If you do anything but leave at once, you are adding to the confrontation...IMO
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

carmen fovozzo wrote:My post was edited at 12:10 to correct the spelling....your post reads 12:14...
Assuming it took him at least 4 minutes to perfect the wording of his post and hit the submit button, that would be the expected result.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Bully's don't like NICE people , they breed on them...by being polite for no reason you invite more hostility. This poster was lucky.....being sarcastic (sir) will set them off....

If you read his post, the "Sir" was to be used sincerely, not sarcastically. If you can't pull that off, then don't do so, certainly.

I believe you both have points. And under the right (wrong?) circumstances, either approach can set the other participant off. Much depends on the exact circumstances.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Bully's don't like NICE people , they breed on them...by being polite for no reason you invite more hostility. This poster was lucky.....being sarcastic (sir) will set them off....

Frankly, I just don't seem to care about what bullies like or dislike. I have seen and dealt with a number of them. Most quailed upon witnessing my weak, libtard mannerisms, coupled with my weak, libtard, polite conversation.

I always taught my baton students to be polite, to be courteous, and to be professional. (Frankly, such actions do not make the opponent bulletproof.) Typically, there is more than one audience, i.e. witnesses, who may testify for one, or against one, in court.

I agree that using any honorific in a sarcastic manner is inappropriate - that is why one should use a positive tone.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Being misunderstood could get one killed....one does not know how someone will take what you say as being polite or sarcastic. So saying nothing seems to me to be the best way to accomplish non-confrontation....
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

I'll apologize *_AND_* leave.

Leaving, as Carmen suggested, is never a bad idea.

Words can be misunderstood, but I'll use those humble words to buy me the time to tuck-tail and run.

Even if I'm in the right, it's just not worth it.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Tuck and run....I like that.. :)
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Sorry, but I couldn't help but think of these words of wisdom:
All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.
I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice.

Dalton the Cooler (played by Patrick Swayze) - Roadhouse - an all time classic.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tempest580

Post by tempest580 »

Thank your for all the comments so far and while I agree apologizing is the right thing to do I durand til a him I wasn't threaten was not threatening him but he just kept at it and acting disorderly, in the end I just walked away and left in my friends car.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ This Forum needs a "Like" button! 8)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

JustaShooter wrote:

If you read his post, the "Sir" was to be used sincerely, not sarcastically. If you can't pull that off, then don't do so, certainly.

I believe you both have points. And under the right (wrong?) circumstances, either approach can set the other participant off. Much depends on the exact circumstances.
Practice the expression, "I'm sorry you feel that way."
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Only thing I can add is that, in the original post, the comment was made... "I just walked away and told him to {inappropriate language} off".

It's possible that could still be seen as escalating the conflict. That COULD exclude a claim of self-defense if something had happened.

There was NO need to respond at all, physically or verbally.

If you MUST respond verbally, excellent advice on how to do so has already been given.

I tend to carry a voice recorder and record all my daily interactions. Being aware of this, I am always polite to others, even if that sentiment is not reciprocated.
MyWifeSaidYes