Harassing phone calls

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OHIOSTEVE

Re: Harassing phone calls

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
OHIOSTEVE wrote:A word of caution, especially with this being family..even extended. DO NOT argue back with your aunt if she calls again. Just hang up. Years ago my dad ( bad alcoholic) called my house and told me that had he known my son was gonna grow up to date a black girl, he would have put an end to both of us years ago. I lost my temper and told him that if he came around my house at all he was a dead man. He flipped out saying that I threatened to kill him and that he knew I would do it.. He told me he was gonna call the cops on me. When we hung up I called the sheriff station and told em what happened and that they were getting ready to get a call from a drunk guy saying I threatened to kill him. The cop said " WELL DID YOU?" I said you're damned right I did and if you guys do not make him leave me alone that is exactly what is gonna happen. I got charged and went to trial for domestic violence. It ended up getting completely dropped because the prosecutor knew she had no case and thought I would take a lesser charge and plead guilty. As soon as I walked into court with my attorney she dropped her head, walked up to the judge and I was free to go...several hundred dollars lighter.
I think there is quite a difference between arguing back to his aunt and threatening to kill her.

Also, there is the matter of admitting to such a threat to a law enforcement officer.
sure....I lost my temper after years of this kind of crap from him. the officer who gave me my papers for the charge was embaressed to do it. It was a ridiculous charge and even the cop knew it but said because the complaint was filed he HAD to do it.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Harassing phone calls

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Not tryin' to start trouble, but I'd tell her to come on over and get it out of her system......hanging up on her isn't a bad idea either IMO cause it sounds as though your not going to change her mind.
And I'd be glad she's not one of those who come to every family get together and then cause trouble.
I've got an uncle that's an anti and he DOES come to every get together, but unfortunately, (for him), he's outnumbered as there's usually about eight to ten of us who carry :lol: . We don't get in his face about it and he doesn't get in ours.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".