Notify at an accident

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Re: Notify at an accident

Post by evan price »

Javelin Man wrote:And way to spell Sphygonomiter,zygometer,psychologemeter, whatever that thing is you had on your arm! :shock:

Is that a side curtain airbag I see in the picture?
Sphygmomanometer, I believe.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
chadwimc

Post by chadwimc »

fisher wrote:It looks like you were traveling from the bottom of the picture , to the top of the picture and that the wagon was traveling from the left side of the picture to the right side of the picture. When impact occurred, it appears that the wagon pushed you across several lanes, and spun him in an orientation similar to your intended direction. Is this correct?
How far from the utility pole was your vehicle?
That's about what happened. I think my front bumper was on the pole. Hitting the curb snapped my front wheel.
I think I just got about 4 hours of solid, restful sleep. Either the pain is subsiding or the vicodin is building up in my blood stream... 8)
Zen

Post by Zen »

chadwimc, the insurance company will be concerned with settling the injury claim first, then the vehicle damages. Take my advice, make sure you have a fair settlement on your vehicle before you even discuss any possible injury claims.
Never submit, comply or follow the commands of an attacker...

OFCC & NRA Member
chadwimc

Post by chadwimc »

Zen wrote:chadwimc, the insurance company will be concerned with settling the injury claim first, then the vehicle damages. Take my advice, make sure you have a fair settlement on your vehicle before you even discuss any possible injury claims.
Heh...14 lawyers and at least three "medical professionals" have called since Tuesday.
docachna

Post by docachna »

Zen wrote:chadwimc, the insurance company will be concerned with settling the injury claim first, then the vehicle damages. Take my advice, make sure you have a fair settlement on your vehicle before you even discuss any possible injury claims.
You have two years to file an injury suit against the other driver.

I do not recommend you even discuss your injuries with the insurance company for a while. Sometimes things come up later that you didn't know of earlier..... :lol:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
wobblygoblin

Post by wobblygoblin »

Glad you weren't hurt worse than you were. Sounds like you kept your head and that was a cool exchange with the cop.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

docachna wrote:
You have two years to file an injury suit against the other driver.

I do not recommend you even discuss your injuries with the insurance company for a while. Sometimes things come up later that you didn't know of earlier..... :lol:
I thought there was some 3-day rule on this... or is that to file a claim with the insurance company? I seem to remember feeling pressed for time in seeking monies after an F-150 driver insisted I perform a visual inspection on his universal joints at 30 mph when I was riding my motorcycle a couple years ago.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
docachna

Post by docachna »

fyrfytr310 wrote:

I thought there was some 3-day rule on this... or is that to file a claim with the insurance company? I seem to remember feeling pressed for time in seeking monies after an F-150 driver insisted I perform a visual inspection on his universal joints at 30 mph when I was riding my motorcycle a couple years ago.
In Ohio, if you are injured by the negligence of another, you have two years to sue them for damages arising out of your injury (and also damage to your vehicle). I love how some injury adjusters threaten to "close their file" if you don't settle out with them right away. Go ahead - close your file. I couldn't care less. I'm not suing your company - I'm suing your insured. And I have two years to do it. Your company procedures don't mean diddly to me.

I agree with the prior poster - - if the accident is not your fault, get the vehicle damage portion settled first. The injury claim can wait.

Also, don't let them tie the injury claim to the damage claim ("we won't settle your vehicle claim unless we settle your injury claim as well !"). BS flag on that one. Report them to the Ohio Dept. of Insurance for violation of Ohio's Fair Claims Settlement Practices Act. No way they can blackmail you like that.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE