Grove City PD - A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Grove City PD - A+

Post by Stryker74 »

Was in a fender bender this evening while turning onto Stringtown Road in Grove City, OH. Called Grove City PD to report the accident, and informed the dispatcher of my CHL and that I was armed as a courtesy.

Officer arrived - I had my CHL and DL in hand. Handed him my CHL and notified that I was armed. He glanced at the CHL, and handed it back..... and that was it. He proceeded with the report of the accident.

So far, unless he gets advised differently, he is writing the report as 'Unable to determine fault' for both parties. After he let the other driver go and started collecting my passenger info - we got into the conversation that law says you are required to turn into the nearest lane of travel - so the inside lane on a left turn. Instead of ticket both of us, he decided the 'unable to determine fault'.

The encounter ended with me giving him an OFCC flyer (doesn't everyone carry a few in their car? :) ), and chatting up teachers being armed in schools (he indicated he is pro-gun, and thinks the teachers should be armed).

Good encounter with Grove City PD - A+ to their department.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Grove City PD - A+

Post by Aesinsp »

Always happy to hear of another good report.. and nice work on the OFCC outreach. :D
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe