Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot 2014 May 12

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Glock513

Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot 2014 May 12

Post by Glock513 »

Hello all. It was another joyous occasion at Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot this past weekend :D . I've lost track of how many times I've been to it, but I swear everytime I go to it seems to get better and better :D . For anybody that has NOT been, it is well worth the ride! There's a ton of security there, LEOs (uniformed and plainclothes), military, and 10K+ civilians, etc. I must say everybody has always been very respectful there, no fights and no arguments. Nobody arrested by LEOs, 10,000+ people armed to the teeth, law-abiding, looking at guns and shooting guns, and NOT ONE violent incident, NOBODY was shot, NOBODY was killed, other than the cars, etc being destroyed downrange by the 1,000,000+ rounds hitting them :lol: . LEOs having casual conversations with me, while the AK sits in a sling on my shoulder, and a bunch of ARs, etc sit in my friend's slings, and we're all peaceful, respectful of each other. It completely debunks the idea that guns kill people when over 10K+ heavily armed people get together in one crowded location and celebrate with not one violent encounter. If only anti-gun people would get this idea through their thick skulls :idea: . A gun is nothing more than a tool. And boy do I love tools! :lol: Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/Byd6mDsrX_A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://youtu.be/GKtqhTcQUA0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joe, an American
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & CCW Instructor

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."
Glock513

Re: Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot 2014 May 12

Post by Glock513 »

And man, I ALMOST bought a mosin nagant down there! :D A FFL there had like 5-6 crates full of them is GREAT condition! Man I'm kind of kicking myself for not buying one for the $130-$160, but my wife would've went Koo-Jo on me if I brought another new gun home :lol:. Oh well, there's always next time.
Joe, an American

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Over the past few years I've seen umpteen videos of Knob Creek....and now I want to go :mrgreen:

Hopefully that wasn't the only shoot of this year. Are they gonna have another anytime soon?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
kyleh

Post by kyleh »

Second weekend of October is the next one...
milligan740

Post by milligan740 »

I realize there were a bijillion people there but did you spot Hickok45? I know he was there! I'd like to go some time.
Primary: Glock 23 | BUG: Ruger LCP
Other guns: Glock 26, Mossberg 500 Persuader, S&W 686-6, Walther P22, S&W AR-15, NAA .22 Short, others.
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

I didn't see him, but I wish I had, I would've asked him a million questions about shooting, aiming, etc. :D There was one guy though that was a GREAT shot with the belt fed 50 cal, not sure what model or make it was, but he managed to keep it steady on an entire CASE of ammo, hitting the roof of this car in what appeared to be like a 12" group, again that's with a 50 cal machine gun at 200 yards. 8) Think he was trying to convert the hardtop car into a convertible :lol: .

PS
They even had Gatlin guns for sale :D . I think they were chambered for 30-06. Price tag said $50,000. Darn it, I was only $49,900 short :lol:
Joe, an American

BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

Uhhh... Did I sleep really well last night/week?

The thread title says 2014 May 12. What month is this?
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

LOL :lol: , I didn't catch that. Sorry, meant April 12, 2014.
BEAR! wrote:Uhhh... Did I sleep really well last night/week?

Joe, an American

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Dude, you're a BEAR! You don't just sleep really well, you hibernate. :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dlgeorge

Post by dlgeorge »

How come you're speaking past tense, when the post says 2014 "May" 12?

Just sayin.
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

Glock513 wrote:LOL :lol: , I didn't catch that. Sorry, meant April 12, 2014.

Joe, an American

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I go every year, since 1998!
Take cash/plastic for class 3 gun show.
Great deals on ammo, mil surplus.
A local young lady sings national anthem each morning before first shoot. Brings tears to my eyes...
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

Man, you have me beat on years of attendance! :D
But I wouldn't miss for anything (except for a SERIOUS family emergency of course!) It's like a football enthusiasts missing a $10 admission to attend the Super Bowl. :mrgreen:
I rarely rent the full auto stuff, because the prices are pretty steep to rent them, but I do buy accessories and long guns, and yes, lots of ammo! :mrgreen:
But the Night Shoot is spectacular, no HD camera can every capture the shock and awe of the machine gun night shoot, I'm sure you'd agree. :mrgreen: See you in October! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JU-87 wrote:I go every year, since 1998!
Take cash/plastic for class 3 gun show.
Great deals on ammo, mil surplus.
A local young lady sings national anthem each morning before first shoot. Brings tears to my eyes...
Joe, an American

prince312

Post by prince312 »

Glock513 wrote:Man, you have me beat on years of attendance! :D
But I wouldn't miss for anything (except for a SERIOUS family emergency of course!) It's like a football enthusiasts missing a $10 admission to attend the Super Bowl. :mrgreen:
I rarely rent the full auto stuff, because the prices are pretty steep to rent them, but I do buy accessories and long guns, and yes, lots of ammo! :mrgreen:
But the Night Shoot is spectacular, no HD camera can every capture the shock and awe of the machine gun night shoot, I'm sure you'd agree. :mrgreen: See you in October! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Go for it man buy long guns and lots of ammo.