Enon Police rights violation

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Klingon00

Re: Enon Police rights violation

Post by Klingon00 »

Werz wrote:
BriKuz wrote:
Wileyone wrote:On the floor boards next to your friend and behind his foot?? I might be missing something but doesn't it have to be in a container of some sort if it's not on your person?
no, that law was changed
Common sense hasn't.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. :wink:
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

What doesn't everyone hang theirs from the rearview mirror??
BobK

Post by BobK »

TJW815 wrote:What doesn't everyone hang theirs from the rearview mirror??
Too busy twirling it on my finger.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

BobK wrote:
Only during traffic jams for this guy!
xpd54

Post by xpd54 »

As a continuing education on my part, I read 2nd District Appeals decisions (of which Clark Co. is part) every Friday. Having said that, I see more jacked up court rulings from that County than any of the others in the 2nd. While this story has some issues, nothing in CC would surprise me.
".....in the end we must still slosh our way through the factbound morass of reasonableness."
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia in Scott v. Harris

The views expressed in this post are my own. They have not been reviewed or approved by my employer.

My Blog
machinegunkelly

Post by machinegunkelly »

XPD54
Link please.
TNX
MGK
wobblygoblin

Post by wobblygoblin »

TJW815 wrote:
BobK wrote:
Only during traffic jams for this guy!
Pew pew!
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

xpd54 wrote:As a continuing education on my part, I read 2nd District Appeals decisions (of which Clark Co. is part) every Friday. Having said that, I see more jacked up court rulings from that County than any of the others in the 2nd. While this story has some issues, nothing in CC would surprise me.
I've been reading Ohio appellate cases for about 30 years. The Ohio Second District Court of Appeals is really pretty easy to explain. They're the black-robed legislature.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
xpd54

Post by xpd54 »

Werz wrote:
xpd54 wrote:As a continuing education on my part, I read 2nd District Appeals decisions (of which Clark Co. is part) every Friday. Having said that, I see more jacked up court rulings from that County than any of the others in the 2nd. While this story has some issues, nothing in CC would surprise me.
I've been reading Ohio appellate cases for about 30 years. The Ohio Second District Court of Appeals is really pretty easy to explain. They're the black-robed legislature.
I should have been more clear in my statement. What I was eluding to (I shouldn't post in a hurry) is some of the CC Common Pleas Judges' decisions which the 2D reviews and then reverses/remands. It's the lower court's decisions that sometimes make me shake my head and go "WTH?"

Of course, sometimes I say the same thing about some of the 2D's decisions.
".....in the end we must still slosh our way through the factbound morass of reasonableness."

The views expressed in this post are my own. They have not been reviewed or approved by my employer.

My Blog
xpd54

Post by xpd54 »

machinegunkelly wrote:XPD54
Link please.
TNX
MGK
Link for those decisions? It'd take a lot of time to go search for them. Here's a link to their opinions page. http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/ROD/docs/default.asp

My Blog
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Werz wrote:
BriKuz wrote:
Wileyone wrote:On the floor boards next to your friend and behind his foot?? I might be missing something but doesn't it have to be in a container of some sort if it's not on your person?
no, that law was changed
Common sense hasn't.
Unfortunately, common sense isn't all that common.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
TMFC

Post by TMFC »

Update: I helped my buddy out and we got him a good Lawyer, The felony charge was dropped and the Judge said that she was going to a talk with the Chief, the cop and the sheriff. He still has another court date for the misdemeanor mishandling a firearm(will probably get dropped as well). This has still cost him a bunch of money. I guess mission accomplished for that D*%Khead LEO.
To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. – Richard Henry Lee 1788