INTRUDER IN MY SHED TONITE

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: INTRUDER IN MY SHED TONITE

Post by steves 50de »

Dvorak wrote:I'm not second guessing you, no one got hurt and that is priority #1, period. With a gun in the equation, letting him go might have been the only good option. My guns are to protect me, not play catch the petty criminal.

But even if I didn't notice anything missing from my shed, I'd feel bad if I was talking to a neighbor the next day and found out there was a bunch of stuff missing from his shed and I could have done something to bring the thieves to justice.

I'm calling the police if I ever need to point my gun at someone. I'm the victim, and I'm not going to have the police show up because some punk called them saying, "I was just walking along and Mr. Jones pointed a gun at me and chased me off!"
My neighbor said the dog scared them away their was more than one according to the her, i had to secure the shed door at night do you suggest i go unarmed. To monday morning QB how it all wenr down i would call the police if it happen's again just to clear the property so i can close my shed door without any unwanted encounter's.

You did'nt say it but you come across as i was playing cop to catch a petty thieve . it sound's like you think i should of went back there with a sharp stick or a ball bat for personal protection and not a gun. I don't get that part of your post ,as i said in the future it will be less stressful to call the law.

As far as the kid coming up with a crazy story the neighbor seen him in the shed and told him so and has my back as to what happened so he was'nt STAR GAZING as other poster's have said and had a gun pointed at him for no reason . Just do add that was not mentioned in the first post the neighbor and myself talked to the young man before letting him go.
Last edited by steves 50de on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Rifles Matter
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: INTRUDER IN MY SHED TONITE

Post by Javelin Man »

I suppose the wayward 'yute would rather have stayed hidden inside the shed whilst you lock the doors with the tools and him safely secured inside? Yes, you heard noises, but thought they were coming from the park down the road so you'll go out to get a shovel in a couple days.... :twisted:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George