Notified ? Mall Security

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Buggyman

Notified ? Mall Security

Post by Buggyman »

This afternoon was at SouthPark mall in Strongsville. The snow was coming down heavy it was slippery. I stopped at the end of aisle to let another car go by the guy behind didn't stop. Or should I say he stopped on the bumper of my Ram 2500 with his brand new Chrysler 200 . My trucks bumper had a dent his car, broken grill, dented hood, cracked molding. I called the police on his request they called mall security. The security guy came, I wasn't sure to notify or not, but did anyways. A Strongsville cop did cruise by to check out the situation but didn't stop. But it all ended ok, the mall security guy filled out a report, I copied all the info from the other guy ,lic # ,SS #, address
Anything else I should have done ??
GUN'S ARE GOOD PEOPLE ARE BAD
djthomas

Re: Notified ? Mall Security

Post by djthomas »

Other than not notify the mall security guy? :P Definitely would not have notified.

You had what's known as a private property accident. It's not a police matter. I would not have exchanged social security number for sure. Did you get his insurance information as well? Name, telephone and insurance information is really all you need.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Mall security has no greater law enforcement capacity/status than any other private citizen. As such, there was no need to notify him of anything or, for that matter, even get them involved in the situation.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

djthomas wrote: I would not have exchanged social security number for sure. Did you get his insurance information as well? Name, telephone and insurance information is really all you need.
+1. I can remember a time when that was OK. I even used to put my SS# on all my college text books in case they were lost. NOT anymore. My my how times have changed.
Buggyman

Post by Buggyman »

Thanks for everyone's input. Now that I had a chance to look at my bumper it needs replacing the metal is cracked and bowed out in another location. I called his insurance company today and filed a claim he has not called them the adjuster should call me tomorrow . I have a feeling he may call and say someone backed into his car but as long as they fix my truck I don't care what he says . If i didn't have a report couldn't he have said he wasn't there and didn't bit me ? I have not been in a accident for years anything else I should know ?
docachna

Post by docachna »

Since you do have a report made (even though it's by the mall cop), there should be no issue as to liability. If they try to jack you around on repairs, just calmly tell them if they don't repair the car completely, you'll simply walk over to Small Claims Court and sue their insured for it. They don't want to incur defense costs for something they clearly owe, but some companies will still try to argue that the sun doesn't rise in the east...... :evil:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Nice thing about cellphones nowadays, you have a camera with you at all times to verify the accident scene and damage.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Buggyman

Post by Buggyman »

I did take a picture of my truck and the car that hit me I take alot of pictures with my phone. A adjuster is coming out this week to look at the damage, today I took it to a neighborhood body shop and had it looked at. He pointed out things I didn't see like the bumper is bent and it hit the truck body and a mount is bent. His estimate
about $1100. . The guy that hit has not filed a report with his insurance co. he had a very unusual last name so they had no problem looking him up.
techgebhardt

Post by techgebhardt »

concreteguy wrote: +1. I can remember a time when that was OK. I even used to put my SS# on all my college text books in case they were lost. NOT anymore. My my how times have changed.
You did what????
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

Fight organized crime: Re-elect no one..
techgebhardt

Post by techgebhardt »

docachna wrote:but some companies will still try to argue that the sun doesn't rise in the east...... :evil:
< nerd rant > You do know the sun does not actually rise/set and the perception of the rise/set is due to the earth spinning on its axis, correct? And the seasons are caused by the ellipse orbit we follow around the sun giving the varying distance from our heat source? < /nerd rant >
~ Thomas Jefferson

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

techgebhardt wrote:
docachna wrote:but some companies will still try to argue that the sun doesn't rise in the east...... :evil:
< nerd rant > You do know the sun does not actually rise/set and the perception of the rise/set is due to the earth spinning on its axis, correct? And the seasons are caused by the ellipse orbit we follow around the sun giving the varying distance from our heat source? < /nerd rant >
<pedant>You *do* know that the seasons are actually caused by the tilt of the earth's axis, not the elliptical orbit the earth follows around the sun, right? Of course, the elliptical orbit does affect the seasons, in that the seasons in the northern hemisphere are milder than in the southern hemisphere because, contrary to popular belief, the earth is closer to the sun in northern hemisphere winter/southern hemisphere summer, and farthest from the sun in northern hemisphere summer/southern hemisphere winter. </pedant>
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
techgebhardt

Post by techgebhardt »

Ha, yep. I could have worded that differently. Should have mentioned the tilt with our ellipse orbit, but we are both saying the same thing.

~ Thomas Jefferson

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

techgebhardt wrote:Ha, yep. I could have worded that differently. Should have mentioned the tilt with our ellipse orbit, but we are both saying the same thing.
Actually, no, we weren't saying the same thing. Closer/farther from the sun is not the same as axial tilt. Next time you call someone out for a term in common usage, be sure you have your own ducks in a row.

My apologies to the forum for the OT drift.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
techgebhardt

Post by techgebhardt »

Think however you want my man.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!