Notification, Columbus PD A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ParaC7

Re: Notification, Columbus PD A+

Post by ParaC7 »

GS do you care to weigh in and give us your two cents worth in again?
Gun Control means using both hands and hitting your target.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Charlton Heston always was and always will be MY President!!!!
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Tweed Ring wrote:I think we all have to develop a thick skin when we post opinions on line.

Here's my opinion: If the gentleman, or anyone else has life-saving/medical skills, then I simply support his using those skills in an accident situation, especially if I am the injured party.
Injecting reason and logic into the interwebz will get you a night in the box. :lol:
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

WestonDon wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:I think we all have to develop a thick skin when we post opinions on line.

Here's my opinion: If the gentleman, or anyone else has life-saving/medical skills, then I simply support his using those skills in an accident situation, especially if I am the injured party.
Injecting reason and logic into the interwebz will get you a night in the box. :lol:
Been in a lot of jams, some of my own making, but never had to spend a night in the box.

I have never met this poster, but I respect his medical knowledge, and his willingness to assist his fellow man.
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

Tweed Ring wrote:
WestonDon wrote:

Been in a lot of jams, some of my own making, but never had to spend a night in the box.

I have never met this poster, but I respect his medical knowledge, and his willingness to assist his fellow man.
Tweed I think you and I have met once. At Pitp when Strickland was the keynote speaker.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Perhaps, I don’t recall the meeting.

But, as a militant Republican, I doubt I knowingly attended any OFCC event whereat a Democrat governor spoke.

I did attend a BFA event where he spoke, as a favor for a friend, somewhere at a large trap/skeet range near/in Morrow County. But I chose to sit in the lobby, not in the audience. I didn’t care for the man’s politics.
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

Believe it or not I actually chose Strickland over Blackwell. Strickland although a Democrat, was pro gun. And pro 2a. What sealed it for me was the debates, where Strickland actually answered the question vs turning into a mud slinging competition like Blackwell did. But that's a whole different discussion.

Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

ParaC7 wrote:Believe it or not I actually chose Strickland over Blackwell. Strickland although a Democrat, was pro gun. And pro 2a. What sealed it for me was the debates, where Strickland actually answered the question vs turning into a mud slinging competition like Blackwell did. But that's a whole different discussion.
Governor Strickland was pro-gun. Unfortunately for him, he was also unlucky in that he offended the Cleveland pols who controlled a large number of Democrat votes. I believe their unwillingness to fire up their GOTV machine cost Governor Strickland the election. I believe his pro-gun stance was a part of their thinking. Also, Governor Strickland did not pay the correct amount of financial homage to them.
mreising

Post by mreising »

Not to go too far off the track, but Strickland's votes may have been pro-gun but his selection of Yvette McGee Brown as a running mate, and then appointing her to the OSC makes me question his full support of gun owner rights. I'm sure he could have found another running mate who fit the demographics but who was not as vehement an anti-gun person as Brown. Fortunately her OSC term was short-lived.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

mreising wrote:Not to go too far off the track, but Strickland's votes may have been pro-gun but his selection of Yvette McGee Brown as a running mate, and then appointing her to the OSC makes me question his full support of gun owner rights. I'm sure he could have found another running mate who fit the demographics but who was not as vehement an anti-gun person as Brown. Fortunately her OSC term was short-lived.

I was going to say almost exactly the same. Plus he was a huge supporter of Obama and Sherrod Brown, both very anti-gun pols. And, you can't get much farther left than McGee Brown. Easy enough to say "I'm pro-gun" but one's actions tend to show how deep their commitment is.
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Hear hear!!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Guitar Slinger
*** Banned ***

Post by Guitar Slinger »

ParaC7 wrote: #1 I am no longer in the security field, I got out of that business a long time ago.

#2 I am a certified EMT in the State of Maryland

Any questions?
Yep.
Mustang380gal wrote:I am not sure what your point is, but provoking an argument is unnecessary. From where I sit, that's what it looks like you are doing.
I am just questioning the medical competency...
Chuck wrote:It's not just you Para, he does it to everybody.
Justify a statement or point...
Brian D. wrote:It ain't just you that he quibbles with. And I'm being darn polite in using the word 'quibbles'.
Oh... hush

{Please do not post pics of individuals without their permission.

If you are not able to add anything positive to the conversation, without trying to provoke an argument, maybe you should try another topic! Thanks, Djmac}
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

Did my explanation of my medical competency ease your mind?

Voice

Post by Voice »

ParaC7 wrote:Did my explanation of my medical competency ease your mind?
Not sure. He indicated that he had questions, but he didn't ask any.
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

Voice wrote:
ParaC7 wrote:Did my explanation of my medical competency ease your mind?
Not sure. He indicated that he had questions, but he didn't ask any.
Not that I care. As far as I'm concerned, this guy is a troll that just wants to try and start crap for some reason. Probably some anti gun liberal POS.

Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Guitar Slinger wrote:
I am just questioning the medical competency...
And doing that in the public forum doesn't further the topic at hand. You aren't the c-spine police.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!