Notification, Columbus PD A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ParaC7

Notification, Columbus PD A+

Post by ParaC7 »

Witnessed a wreck at Bethel and Godown, injuries involved, I provided aid by c-spine stabilization, fire/ems took over. Talked with officer about wreck, notified first thing, no issue at all. A+ to the Officer.
Gun Control means using both hands and hitting your target.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Charlton Heston always was and always will be MY President!!!!
Straightshooter629

Re: Notification, Columbus PD A+

Post by Straightshooter629 »

To the credit of CPD, I have had 3 "encounters" with the department and all have been positive, professional and un-eventful.
Proud grandfather - NRAmember
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Any event we have downtown, CPD comes by - always polite, good to have a conversation with.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guitar Slinger
*** Banned ***

Post by Guitar Slinger »

ParaC7 wrote:Witnessed a wreck at Bethel and Godown, injuries involved, I provided aid by c-spine stabilization.
Really...

http://www.uhems.org/mobile/protocols/p ... cspine.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
medmandan

Post by medmandan »

Gs...your point of posting the protocol was ?
Guitar Slinger
*** Banned ***

Post by Guitar Slinger »

medmandan wrote:Gs...your point of posting the protocol was ?
Uh...

I didn't know security guards... are "legally" allowed to perform "roadside" medical procedures.
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

GS

#1 I am no longer in the security field, I got out of that business a long time ago.

#2 I am a certified EMT in the State of Maryland

#3 Even though that certificate doesn't hold much weight in Ohio, I am still protected under the Good Samaritan law.

#4 She was complaining of tingling and numbness in her arms and legs which standard procedure is to stabilize the c-spine first.

That tingling and numbness could very well have been caused by the airbags in the car, but with the amount of intrusion into the vehicle I took the safer bet of using standard training practices vs letting sit there and move around possibly injuring her further.

I held stabilization until I was relieved by the paramedics on the scene.

Any questions?

Do you have a problem with a trained individual rendering aid to an injured person

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

A_F

Post by A_F »

waiting on GS reply :)
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

GS

OK I just looked at the protocol you posted. That is not the initial c-spine stabilization. Initial stabilization is done by placing your index finger along the jaw line on either side, thumbs along the skull behind the ears and palms along the base of the skull and top of the neck. Provide a light rearward pressure to hold the head and neck against the headrest of the seat to prevent the head and neck from moving.

What I just described is what I did. The paramedics arrived took over initial stabilization and then proceeded with the steps you posted.

Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Guitar Slinger wrote:
ParaC7 wrote:Witnessed a wreck at Bethel and Godown, injuries involved, I provided aid by c-spine stabilization.
Really...

http://www.uhems.org/mobile/protocols/p ... cspine.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The topic at hand is the uneventful nature of the notification, not how to stabilize a cervical spine.

I am not sure what your point is, but provoking an argument is unnecessary. From where I sit, that's what it looks like you are doing.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

Thank you Mustang, I was wondering why this guy always has his panties in a bunch whenever I post something.

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

It's not just you Para, he does it to everybody
Good job and CPD is very professional about CHL holders
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

ParaC7 wrote:Thank you Mustang, I was wondering why this guy always has his panties in a bunch whenever I post something.
It ain't just you that he quibbles with. And I'm being darn polite in using the word 'quibbles'.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

I gotta say I'm getting tired of having to justify why I scratched my rear with my let hand vs my right hand.

Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I think we all have to develop a thick skin when we post opinions on line.

Here's my opinion: If the gentleman, or anyone else has life-saving/medical skills, then I simply support his using those skills in an accident situation, especially if I am the injured party.