Some people really are better off dead

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Glock513

Some people really are better off dead

Post by Glock513 »

Hello all. This happened about a year ago. Thought it was worth telling. This is lengthy, I apologize, but I want to give you a full understanding of what type of a person I'm speaking of, before you judge me.

I grew up with a guy, truly bad kid when were little. He was about 8 years older than me, and man was he HUGE, at about 6'3 at age 16 yrs old. He was a real bully/bad kid, beat up other kids for fun, stole from stores, forced other kids to steal from stores or get beat up, never went to class, beat up kids and took their money/belongings, forced other kids to beat up other kids just so he could watch and enjoy, sold drugs, did drugs, drank alot, tortured/killed animals for fun while he made younger kids watch (including myself), all the traits of a real sociopath/ sick S.O.B. I grew up in a BAD neighborhood as a youth, and he no doubt was the WORST criminal/most evil person that I had ever known on a personal level, the kind of sociopath that gives you the goosebumps when you're in his presence. Everybody feared him as a kid, even his own family members. He was always in and out of group homes, youth detention centers, mental institutions, etc. He was never rehabilitated, truly evil guy. Nobody ever told on him when I was younger due to fear. He was the kind of guy that if he didn't get LIFE without parole or the death penalty, he'd most likely come back and kill you. :cry: I can't lie, as a kid, he scared the S*** out of us :!:

I saw him as an adult while out and about at an outdoor mall, still had that sadistic fake smile on his face :twisted: . I can't lie, being in his presence made my adrenaline fly, I was nervous, didn't know what he was thinking, ro would try. And yes, I had my Glock 22 on me, round in the chamber already, but I was 99% he also had a gun on him too (he ALWAYS used to carry a 357 magnum or a 380 auto on him when he was a teen). He said hello, asked how I was doing, etc, then he asked personal questions like where I worked, where I lived, etc. :twisted: I lied to him about EVERY answer :lol:, didn't give him ANY truthful information about me. :mrgreen: I made short talk and said bye as FAST AS I COULD and got the hell away from him, while watching my back, sides, etc while walking away from him. Later told an old friend who still lived in that neighborhood that I saw that nutcase. They told me you are VERY LUCKY and to be careful if I ever see him again because he is an Armed robber! Apparently he grew up to be a fulltime armed robber, robbing drugdealers, other robbers, good law abiding citizens, family members, really anybody who "might" have anything of value that he might want. There were also rumors of him being involved in unsolved murders in many neighborhoods, most of them robberies that resulted in him shooting his victims to death. I never saw him again after that day, thank GOD! A couple of months later, I heard GREAT news! Apparently he made a lot of enemies for himself. A few thugs found out it was him who had robbed them previously. They found him one night hanging out on a corner, so they ran up on him, pulled guns and shot him many times. He died on the spot, Thank GOD! His family was sad, asked if I would attend his funeral, :? , I respectfully said no, I have to work that day and gave them empathy. But, deep inside, I was SOOOO happy that he died that night :!:. I hate to say that, but it's the honest truth. I am not a skrink, but growing up with him and knowing him, he was truely a sociopath. No jail or hospital would ever cure him. The night that he was killed made all us and our families a little bit safer.
Joe, an American
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & CCW Instructor

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Some people really are better off dead

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Surprized he lived that long....

I knew A guy like that growing up.....My buddy's and I got sick of it and we (4 of us) commenced to whip his butt....never saw him after that....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Glock513 wrote:He said hello, asked how I was doing, etc, then he asked personal questions like where I worked, where I lived, etc. :twisted: I lied to him about EVERY answer :lol:, didn't give him ANY truthful information about me.

A friend of mine has often said "Try not to lie. But when you must lie, try to be very good at it." In your situation there was absolutely no upside to being honest, and by telling the guy to mind his own business you would have risked turning things from conversation to confrontation.

Most of us--at least if we grew up in an urban setting around a lot of people--had someone like that guy in our lives, someplace. The one I knew is long ago dead, he didn't make it past about 25 years old.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

Yes, this was definitely one of those "must" lie situations. There was no way in hel* I was going to give him ANY of my personal information. I'm surprised to see that he lived so long myself (late 30s). I'm just glad I was able to get away from him Safely without any confrontation. The crazy part is, althought I know that he's dead and can never harm anyone again, I know there are many more sociopaths just like him who are still alive and free. I have no factual math on it, but I know there a 2 million people in my city, even if just 0.01% of them are like him, that means there are 2,000 possible sociopaths in my city :idea: . I hope that the actual number is MUCH lower than that, but who knows, I'm not a statistician :| .
Brian D. wrote:
Glock513 wrote:He said hello, asked how I was doing, etc, then he asked personal questions like where I worked, where I lived, etc. :twisted: I lied to him about EVERY answer :lol:, didn't give him ANY truthful information about me.

A friend of mine has often said "Try not to lie. But when you must lie, try to be very good at it." In your situation there was absolutely no upside to being honest, and by telling the guy to mind his own business you would have risked turning things from conversation to confrontation.

Most of us--at least if we grew up in an urban setting around a lot of people--had someone like that guy in our lives, someplace. The one I knew is long ago dead, he didn't make it past about 25 years old.
Joe, an American
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & CCW Instructor

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

I'd hand him a card saying "I have Alzheimer's and who are you???"
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Sometimes Karma is slow to catch up with you, but rest assured it does. I also had someone like that in my childhood, he died a few months ago, ah well.