They took his gun...

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AmendII71

Re: They took his gun...

Post by AmendII71 »

Just another reason why as time has gone on in my life I have spent less and less time with "friends" and more and more time with just my family or by myself. You never know the past or present of people you do not actually "know".
"Better to have it and not need it, than need it, and not have it."
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Yeah, I agree with the "triangle" posts above. CC comes with two sets of rules...the written rules of the State of Ohio...and the unwritten rules of common sense. Once you begin carrying there are certain people, places and things you can no longer associate with.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

As well, our factory trained felons cannot carry any weapons, being precluded by law, and those triangle rules truly apply to those people.
markshere2

Post by markshere2 »

deanimator wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:Some of it may be age, and some of it may be intelligence.
It used to be that if you didn't transcend a certain threshold of intelligence, you usually didn't get old enough to be a problem for other people. Now we protect them to the point where we encumber and endanger people of normal intelligence.

On several occasions, I've told people, "14,000 years ago, you would have wandered away from the campfire as a child and been eaten by something before you could pass your defective genes along..."
True dat! Liberal progressives have been working overtime to try and overrule natural selection.

The foundation for Idiocracy has been laid , and we're breeding and nurturing stupider and stupider dolts all the time.

Stupid Hurts, just like it is supposed to.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

markshere2 wrote:
I have enough residuals from injuries incurred when I was young to confirm that.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
AmendII71

Post by AmendII71 »

schmieg wrote:
markshere2 wrote:
Exactly, some of us, are lucky enough to have lived or survived through our idiot decisions of the past. Once you get that second chance, you can either make the choice to ensure you never perform the same stupid act again, or, you can move on and make the same mistake over and over again and expect different results, which of course is the definition of "insanity".

P.s. loved the comment above about liberals wanting to destroy the natural act of selection. Good stuff.
"Better to have it and not need it, than need it, and not have it."
BobK

Post by BobK »

When it has happened to me, I refer to it as paying a "stupid tax", i.e., a cost consequence of doing something stupid.

I hope I only have to pay that tax once per type of stupidity, but I have not always learned from my mistakes the first time.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

Same here. My circle of "friends" is pretty small nowadays. I see people that I grew up with and haven't seen in years. Never know what people are into nowadays, people Change, either for the better or for the worse. Although I always hope they've changed for the better, there undoubtedly are those who are MUCH worse than what they used to be.
Joe, an American
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & CCW Instructor

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

BobK wrote:When it has happened to me, I refer to it as paying a "stupid tax", i.e., a cost consequence of doing something stupid.

I hope I only have to pay that tax once per type of stupidity, but I have not always learned from my mistakes the first time.
Gives new meaning to the phrase "taxed to death".

:P
MyWifeSaidYes