Update on CCW instructor

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Is the charge/punishment enough for the instructor who "accidentally" shot a student?

Yes. His charge was enough.
15%
No. There should've been additional punishment.
68%
I don't have a good answer, I'm fantasizing about my next gun purchase right now.
17%

Total votes: 47

docachna

Re: Update on CCW instructor

Post by docachna »

My wife and I both took our CHL class from this instructor. I'm surprised and disappointed with the facts (as known), both with this incident and the first one. It strikes me as untypical for him, as he normally displayed fastidious range safety techniques during our class.

I have no explanation for the occurrence, other than lack of focus, which is precisely what every (good) instructor preaches to guard against. Either that, or over-confidence.

I hope he gets no jail time, but I also hope he never instructs another class, and I hope I'm never on a range with him.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Glock513

Re: Update on CCW instructor

Post by Glock513 »

docachna wrote: and I hope I'm never on a range with him.

I hope I'm never on the range with that instructor either, I agree with you 100%, somebody yells CEASE fire, and the instructor then lets off a 30rd mag, "accidentally of course"! :lol:
Joe, an American
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & CCW Instructor

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."