First Notify - Twinsburg

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

cooltc2004

First Notify - Twinsburg

Post by cooltc2004 »

Headed home from a family party, I was going a wee bit too fast and got pulled over in Twinsburg, Ohio.

Officer: "Afternoon"
Me: "Hello Officer, I am required to tell you that I have a CHL and am currently armed"
Officer: "Oh ok, where is it at?"
Me: "Right hip"
Offier: *Slightly puzzled* "Ok, do me a favor and don't go near it"

I gave him my information, and he returned with a written warning.

Officer: *Blah blah ticket stuff* "So what kind of pistol do you carry?"
Me: "Glock 19"
Officer: "Good handgun, that's what I carry off duty." *slight pause* "Do me a favor and slow it down, have a good day".
Me: "Thank you sir, you too"

All in all, an uneventful first notify. No matter how much you go over it in your head, it never comes out as planned!
polizi212

Re: First Notify - Twinsburg

Post by polizi212 »

My First Inform was so quick and such a non issue with the officer, It felt more like when you say "nice day" and moved on. In fact it went so smooth I felt like I had either not done it or I missed something!
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

cooltc2004 wrote:Offier: *Slightly puzzled* "Ok, do me a favor and don't go near it"
A completely unnecessary statement. I'd have said something like "you do the same" :mrgreen:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
rg920

Post by rg920 »

I've been stopped by Twinsburg PD as well for going a wee bit over the posted speed limit. Same response, no written warning though, just slow it down have a nice day. Glad it went well for you.
Robert Gurney, N8RLG
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Life Member
All around swell fella!

"Those who would deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." Abraham Lincoln
Ohio48
*** Banned ***

Post by Ohio48 »

glocksmith wrote:
cooltc2004 wrote:Offier: *Slightly puzzled* "Ok, do me a favor and don't go near it"
A completely unnecessary statement. I'd have said something like "you do the same" :mrgreen:
Just remember, they did lose one a number of years ago.
Mark S.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world."

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
-- Thomas Jefferson