Flat Tire Miamisburg,Oh

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

zurfaces

Re: Flat Tire Miamisburg,Oh

Post by zurfaces »

Orlando wrote:
TJW815 wrote:
Orlando wrote:If he sat there for two hours he had absolutly nothing else to do and would have left in a heartbeat if he had a emergency call.....

Well that's true for all possible stops or calls that they are on... If you didn't know. You have to look at it from the point of did he want to sit there for two hours... I am sure he could of found other to do but the fact remains that he CHOSE to stay there. He could have continued to patrol or went and got a coffee but he didn't, he chose to provide a service for a disabled motorist.
Which is his job.
I'm really not trying to be argumenative, its just that treating CCW holders/citizens with common courtesy and not harassment is how law enforcement are supposed to act. I dont see whay they should get a big "atta boy"
Yes it's their job but everyone deserves a thanks even if it's just because they managed to keep your glass full at a restaurant. A leo deserves a few more pats on the back imo.

Not only was he doing his job but he was very kind and helpful. There is doing your job and then their is doing a "good" job.
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

I worked a few odd-jobs in a customer service setting, and a thank you never goes un-appreciated. Yes, it's a thank you for doing the job you're paying me to do, but it's one of those things that A) make one more likely to exhibit the behavior in the future, and B) make their possibly-crappy day a little bit better. It never hurts to say thank you.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Although making good quality parts (machine shop) is what I'm paid to do, I ALWAYS appreciate an atta boy. And who's foolin' who? That atta boy goes a long way and can leave me wanting another, instiling an effort on my part to strive for that same quality on ALL my work.

Why should the cop feel any differently than I do?
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

jabeatty wrote:
zurfaces wrote:I'm sitting here trying to figure out what that whole deal with the man in the suv that pulled up a lane over from me that got out and was talking with the LEO.
Unmarked/undercover backup?

They have marked SUV's in Miamisburg.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Orlando wrote:I dont understand, you want to thank them for doing their job correctly??
And while he's at it why not bake some chocolate cup cakes for him ? Thank the officer for his concern and help should be enough......

The cup cakes would be sucking it up a bit..... :P
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
xpd54

Post by xpd54 »

When I was a rookie, I did essentially the same thing for a guy who was arguing/waiting for Mercedes to send him a tow. He thanked me and tried to give me $50 for my assistance (little as it was). I politely refused and thanked him for his offer. His offer was appreciated and I use that as an example with my trainees of how a little courtesy with joe citizen can mean a lot (also as an example of law enforcement ethics).

He'll appreciate the thank you and letter to Chief.
".....in the end we must still slosh our way through the factbound morass of reasonableness."
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia in Scott v. Harris

The views expressed in this post are my own. They have not been reviewed or approved by my employer.

My Blog