Friend died in a robbery

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

wobblygoblin

Re: Friend died in a robbery

Post by wobblygoblin »

I'll restate the same sentiments as those on here already. I'm sorry your friend was murdered. I can't begin to think about the grief his family and friends, like you, are going through. I hope they put a needle in the puke's arm.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
stew47

Post by stew47 »

I'm so sorry. Condolences for everyone.
Harleywood

Post by Harleywood »

Sorry for your loss and to the family..
I refuse to be a victim
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I am sorry for your loss,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Anselansel

Post by Anselansel »

Reminds me of my ex wife's friends. Decided to build a big house in a barrio of Houston. Said they liked the community ,wanted to build bridges, refused advice to not do it. They were white. Built it moved in, got robbed several times, kids beat up on way to school. After a year sold the house for a loss and moved into a gated community. Some people just can't accept reality. My condolences on your friend...
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

BB62 wrote:That's a damn shame. You have my heartfelt sympathy.

Is this the story? http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/cin ... e/23604600" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, that's him. I say to you and all law abiding gun owners, keep your gun ON YOU, round in the chamber, if you can. Although they caught his murderer, there are MANY more murderers/wolves out on the streets, literally stalking the streets looking for prey. It's a blessing just to make it home everyday. It's a cruel world man :| .
Joe, an American
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & CCW Instructor

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Joe, did you ever read the story of Lance Thomas, a jeweler in L.A. that got robbed a bunch of times, and how he had to defend his life with gunfire on several occasions? Sorry I don't have a quick link, but it's easy enough to hunt up. Mr. Thomas didn't always have a gun on his person, but wherever he was in the shop, there was one hidden within arm's length.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

Brian D. wrote:Joe, did you ever read the story of Lance Thomas, a jeweler in L.A. that got robbed a bunch of times, and how he had to defend his life with gunfire on several occasions? Sorry I don't have a quick link, but it's easy enough to hunt up. Mr. Thomas didn't always have a gun on his person, but wherever he was in the shop, there was one hidden within arm's length.
Brian is talking about this guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWgp2abM2w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

I wish he would've done what that guy did, guns stashed all over the store It's a BAD neighborhood to work in, and he was working the store by himself. Occasionally his father in law would come in and help, but he was usually by himself. I would've at minimum carried a full size handgun in a OC holster, retention strap off, just for the super fast draw if need be. I know other store owners in the general area, foreigners, who do exactly what I said I'd do, all of them OC carry in the store, 40S&W or 45ACP full sized something, 2-4 people in store working, everyone of them packing something big bore on the hip. Crazy thing about it, these guys have NEVER get robbed bc thugs don't want the trouble. Last person that tried to rob one of their stores at gunpoint on Hamilton Ave (store they own on the other side of town, another bad neighborhood), store owner shot the thug with his 12 gauge shotgun, while the store owner's brother shot the thug multiple times with his 45ACP. That thug died before he hit the ground. That was the LAST time they had an incident :idea: .
Joe, an American
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & CCW Instructor

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Glock513 wrote:I wish he would've done what that guy did, guns stashed all over the store It's a BAD neighborhood to work in, and he was working the store by himself. Occasionally his father in law would come in and help, but he was usually by himself. I would've at minimum carried a full size handgun in a OC holster, retention strap off, just for the super fast draw if need be. I know other store owners in the general area, foreigners, who do exactly what I said I'd do, all of them OC carry in the store, 40S&W or 45ACP full sized something, 2-4 people in store working, everyone of them packing something big bore on the hip. Crazy thing about it, these guys have NEVER get robbed bc thugs don't want the trouble. Last person that tried to rob one of their stores at gunpoint on Hamilton Ave (store they own on the other side of town, another bad neighborhood), store owner shot the thug with his 12 gauge shotgun, while the store owner's brother shot the thug multiple times with his 45ACP. That thug died before he hit the ground. That was the LAST time they had an incident :idea: .
Same deal with the Shop Right store in Roselawn. Those dudes don't mess around. Like to grab coffee there and chat them up from time to time...only a complete newbie to that part of town would choose that place for a holdup.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.