Germantown Police

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Germantown Police

Post by charliej47 »

:roll: I was on my way home driving south on Route #4 and as I passed the McDonald's I got lit up. :roll:

I informed the LEO and he asked me where it was and I told him. He said OK and then asked for my license. He ran his checks and came back and told me that my license plate light was out. I told him I would get it fixed and he told me to drive safe.

I told him to have a safe night and left.

He followed me for a little bit and then I saw another Germantown LEO pulling someone else over.

Busy late night activity for such a small town.
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Germantown Police

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

charliej47 wrote:...Busy late night activity for such a small town.
Bills gots to be paid!

:mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
BobK

Post by BobK »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Bills gots to be paid!
More importantly, drunks taken off the road.

If all they were looking for was revenue, the OP would have been cited. Instead, the license light served as a justifiable reason for the stop, allowing the LEO to "interview" the driver. Drunks off the road were likely his major area of interest, followed closely by the opportunity for any felony arrests (drug trafficking, etc.).
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
A_F

Post by A_F »

BobK wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Bills gots to be paid!

If all they were looking for was revenue, the OP would have been cited. Instead, the license light served as a justifiable reason for the stop, allowing the LEO to "interview" the driver. Drunks off the road were likely his major area of interest, followed closely by the opportunity for any felony arrests (drug trafficking, etc.).
Well aren't you a buzzkill. You aren't following the spirit of his comment. :)
BobK

Post by BobK »

A_F wrote:Well aren't you a buzzkill. You aren't following the spirit of his comment. :)
:mrgreen: :P
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Guitar Slinger
*** Banned ***

Post by Guitar Slinger »

It is easy... to walk around your vehicle... once a week... to verify all your lights are working.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

Germantown is notorious for pulling people over.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Guitar Slinger wrote:It is easy... to walk around your vehicle... once a week... to verify all your lights are working.
About as easy as checking the air in your tires! Guess that's why we have TPS systems on our cars now.

If it wasn't for all the idiots that were/are driving vehicles, we wouldn't need all the "idiot" lights and sensors that seem to be so "necessary" now.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

I too travel south thru Germantown on RT 4 on my way home from work, at night. Last fall I was pulled over for the same thing, a license plate light out, in the same location. Officer was pleasant enough and gave me a warning as well. When I got home, my light was working fine.
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

tbrew85 wrote:I too travel south thru Germantown on RT 4 on my way home from work, at night. Last fall I was pulled over for the same thing, a license plate light out, in the same location. Officer was pleasant enough and gave me a warning as well. When I got home, my light was working fine.

The exact same thing happened to me 10 or more years ago. Took my daughter to a skating party when I went back to get her I got pulled over for a license plate light out, when I got home it was working. I drove past the same cop both times I figured he just made it up to check me out.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

BobK wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Bills gots to be paid!

Or the light wasn't really out... or a "cheap" equipment violation isn't worth the effort, but if you can double-up with something else...
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Guitar Slinger
*** Banned ***

Post by Guitar Slinger »

tbrew85 wrote:I too travel south thru Germantown on RT 4 on my way home from work, at night. Last fall I was pulled over for the same thing, a license plate light out, in the same location. Officer was pleasant enough and gave me a warning as well. When I got home, my light was working fine.
You are a generous person... to believe what you were being told.

My first thought... show me.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Guitar Slinger wrote:

My feelings exactly! I guess to some, being gullible is a noble trait.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
Guitar Slinger
*** Banned ***

Post by Guitar Slinger »

CroManGun wrote:
Guitar Slinger wrote:

My feelings exactly! I guess to some, being gullible is a noble trait.

Umm...

I don't know if it is being "gullible".

More (to the point) of being aware of your surroundings... including your vehicle.

Just as you would have valid CHL... Drivers License... insurance on your vehicle...

Simple things, like the basics of operating any vehicle on the road... would apply.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Lights have to go out sometime and usually not when you're watching themn. I can tell if a headlight goes out, but other than that, any light can go out while I'm driving and I won't know until I get home when I check my lights. If something burns out after I leave the house and before the policeman pulls me over, I'm not going to know. (except my Caddy, it has tiny lights inside the car for back lights and fender indicators for front lights)

If I'm pulled over for a burned out tailight, I'm exiting the vehicle to verify. If it's shining brightly, I'm calling a supervisor.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George