Dealing with bad guys

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mreising

Re: Dealing with bad guys

Post by mreising »

curmudgeon3 wrote:The Navy specifies 'caliber' by length of barrel ¿ ¿ It figures. (Semper Fi)
I don't know if that applies to other large artillery also, but then nothing really compares to naval guns, even if they aren't using the 16-inchers now.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
BobK

Post by BobK »

mreising wrote:
curmudgeon3 wrote:The Navy specifies 'caliber' by length of barrel ¿ ¿ It figures. (Semper Fi)
I don't know if that applies to other large artillery also, but then nothing really compares to naval guns, even if they aren't using the 16-inchers now.
They aren't even able to manufacture the 16-inchers anymore. It is a lost art.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

It's better to blow up things little by little instead of 16" all at once....keeps people employed.....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:It's better to blow up things little by little instead of 16" all at once....keeps people employed.....
True, but then you don't get the terrorizing effect on the enemy of hearing the hi-speed hissing sound of that one-ton 16 inch projectile passing overhead. :twisted:
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

155 Howitzer gets your attention....But your right. Them battle Ships were the ultimate weapon..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

EXCELLENT READ from ar15...com , and follow up posts & comments

Let's all try getting to the range with this warmer weather!! Something I didn't do last few times..practice with my carry piece, from a covered draw under shirt or coat. I try to finish that way as much as possible, even if only 2-3 rounds 8) ...