First Inform to LEO (Sheffield Village, OH) A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bsctov

First Inform to LEO (Sheffield Village, OH) A+

Post by bsctov »

Well, I knew it was just a matter of time that I would be posting in this forum no matter how well I drive, and tonight, that day came.

I was on my way to steak and shake to grab a bite to eat, nothing really unusual..Had my Beretta 21A .22LR inside my jacket pocket. I pulled over right away, and waited for him to approach my window. I rolled down my windows and turned on the cabin light, kept my hands on the wheel. He approached and before he could even get finished saying "Good Evening" I was already giving my standard LEO CCW disclaimer.

"Hi, I have a Concealed weapons license and I do have a concealed weapon on my person"

He kind of smiled a bit and took a deep breath and looked at me more carefully but was polite about it, and said "Thank you for letting me know, alot of people have to find out the hard way they must inform."

"Do you have it on you?"

I replied

"Yes, in my jacket"

He then asked where my wallet was, I told him, he said "He said go ahead and reach for it" then he asked me to remove my DL and give it to him, and that he just needed to see my CCW permit, but did not want me to remove it. He shined his flashlight on it, said Ok give me a moment or something along those lines, politely told my it was a courtesy stop to inform me that my license plate light was out and to get it fixed, and let me go.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: First Inform to LEO (Sheffield Village, OH) A+

Post by Cruiser »

Good stop. What I don't understand is why we are not hearing about these folks?
alot of people have to find out the hard way they must inform."
Where are the reports on this?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
CincyKid

Post by CincyKid »

Cruiser wrote:Good stop. What I don't understand is why we are not hearing about these folks?

Those folks probably get their CHL and don't really learn the law. There is a lot to digest in 12 hours.

If they were on this forum and posting those stories.... they would know the law and therefore wouldn't be getting into trouble and posting those stories. :?

Maybe every new CHL holder should have a mandatory reading period for this forum? :D
(before anybody comments, I was just kidding)
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Cruiser wrote:Good stop. What I don't understand is why we are not hearing about these folks?
Or maybe, just maybe this officer is one of those "must inform at all times" types so he is wrongly assuming that all the non-carriers are breaking the rules.

Just speculation.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

No one is going to mention the .22 for self-defense?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
CincyKid

Post by CincyKid »

It beats trying to use your car keys or defecating on yourself.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Javelin Man wrote:No one is going to mention the .22 for self-defense?
I figured that would come up! 8)
Abandon ye all HOPE!
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

I stand by the principle that people should carry whatever they feel comfortable with. While a .22 doesn't have the knock down power that most of us prefer, it is still a lethal round. I sure wouldn't want to stand in front of it! Besides, you definitely do not have to worry about over penetration!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Thought about it, then saw that the OP has been on these forums since 2007, and figured he/she didn't need a lecture on equipment choices.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
bsctov

Post by bsctov »

I'm aware of the limitations of the .22 LR round, however, I subscribe to the carry at all times when legal/possible mindset. Sometimes, I simply cannot carry my Glock 19, so my little Beretta loaded with CCI Stingers is the only option available if I want to carry a gun due to my circumstances. Also, its very easy and fast to slip it into my jacket pocket.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

bsctov wrote:

I'm aware of the limitations of the .22 LR round, however, I subscribe to the carry at all times when legal/possible mindset. Sometimes, I simply cannot carry my Glock 19, so my little Beretta loaded with CCI Stingers is the only option available if I want to carry a gun due to my circumstances. Also, its very easy and fast to slip it into my jacket pocket.
I kinda figured that was the reason, wasn't going to malign the decision nor statement, have carried my P32 many times as a gun that people would call a peashooter. I was just wondering why some other more outspoken forum members hadn't spoken out about it.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

I've carried my little HP-22a more than a few times. Sometimes just gotta take what you can. =P
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine