first inform

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Dave44142

first inform

Post by Dave44142 »

I was driving south on i 71 this moring, I had a flat tire, and i pulled over.. put my 4 way flashers on..and had my cell phone in one hand and my towing company id card in the other hand.. A State Highway patrol car pulled in behind me..
After about a minute or so while i was still trying to explain my location to a woman from the towing insurance, the officer came to my driver window. When i saw him i pushed the button and the window was open when he got that far.. I began with i have my Ohio license to carrie a concealed weapon but i am not armed.. I know i did not have to inform but i wanted to avoid any discussion of the matter.. He said ok and i told him i had a flat tire and he asked if i had my spare and i told him that i did and he offered to help me change the tire , he said it would be much faster that to wait for a tow truck, What a nice guy.. and i got out the jack and the spare tire and he did help me change the tire, i have health problems and could never do it alone...A big smile and a big Thank you to the nice officer that did help me today.This was a great ending .. Dave
God gave us the right to self defense, the second amendment stops the Government from taking it away.
The American Revolution wasn't about tea and taxes — it was about taking guns!
BobK

Re: first inform

Post by BobK »

Glad everything went well. Nice to have a positive LEO story. Glad he helped you out.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Hi Dave. How come you had your spare tire along for the ride today, but not your carry handgun? To many of us they are equally valuable pieces of safety gear.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

If he was leaving the Cleveland area, he figured he didn't need to be armed anymore. :shock: :mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
Dave44142

Post by Dave44142 »

Brian D. wrote:Hi Dave. How come you had your spare tire along for the ride today, but not your carry handgun? To many of us they are equally valuable pieces of safety gear.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
That is an easy question, i was going someplace that does not permit me to have a firearm with me or in my car if the car is in their parking lot....*smile* otherwise i would have had it along with me ....
God gave us the right to self defense, the second amendment stops the Government from taking it away.
The American Revolution wasn't about tea and taxes — it was about taking guns!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I figured as such. Sure would like to get things changed so that employers would be disallowed or at least discouraged from firing workers who keep guns in their vehicles the same way they do a spare tire and jack.

Can't park off-property can you?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

Very good story. Nice to know there are good guys out there. =)
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine