Question on Traffic Stop

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Re: Question on Traffic Stop

Post by deanimator »

Werz wrote:Keep in mind that the Colonel has historically been the chief opponent of many concealed carry liberties.
As I recall, they've always been opposed to ALL concealed carry liberties, going back AT LEAST to the Voinovich days. In fact, they were his perennial excuse for opposing citizen concealed carry for his entire administration.

The Ohio Highway Patrol is no friend of gun owners, and of people with CHLs in particular.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Cygnus

Post by Cygnus »

I had this morbidly obese one gas pump town cop go absolutely ape-doo-doo on me for not notifying him that I had a ccw permit. I was not carrying at the time. I informed him that I didn't have to notify him because I was not carrying. He just went on and on that that was not correct. The whole time he was rambling, quite angrily, I might add, I just kept saying, quite loudly 'WRONG..WRONG..WRONG'. He kept claiming he could arrest me, so I finally said, 'Go ahead.......arrest me......let's see what your superior says when you tell him why you arrested me'. He was huffing and puffing. I thought he was going to pass out.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Cygnus wrote:... so I finally said, 'Go ahead.......arrest me.......
Boy, I'd never tell a police officer to arrest me. He just might! :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

BobK wrote:Boy, I'd never tell a police officer to arrest me. He just might! :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
I wish a cop would falsely arrest me for not notifying when unarmed. My lawyer AND I could use the cash flow!

Heck, I could buy back the Norinco M1911 I just sold to a friend. Then every year or so we could just sell it back to the last one who sold it. :mrgreen:

A few years ago, "Scene" ran a story about a woman in one of the Cleveland suburbs who went on this insane vendetta against a bunch of officials in the town where she lived. There wasn't an ounce of substance to ANY of her claims, but she still managed to cost lots of people lots of money and aggravation. Imagine the harm you could do to somebody if you actually HAD a case and didn't care how much effort you put into making their life miserable.

In a discussion of performers people hated on another forum, a guy said something to the effect of "Hating isn't worth the effort." I replied, "You just aren't doing it right."
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

BobK wrote:
Cygnus wrote:... so I finally said, 'Go ahead.......arrest me.......
Boy, I'd never tell a police officer to arrest me. He just might! :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Many cops see such a statement, rightly or wrongly, as a challenge to their authority. Cops don't like to be challenged, especially in public. This is not a statement I would make to any on-duty police officer.

Jail cells and the jail tank can be very dangerous, even injurious places for the uninitiated. Sherman McCoy, etc.