1st inform Cambidge PD A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

SigSauerp938

1st inform Cambidge PD A+

Post by SigSauerp938 »

I have been carrying since March and had my first inform today when a Cambridge PD officer pulled up to do a report on an accident (someone pulled into a parking spot and hit my door as I was getting out). I started my rehearsed speech "I have a concealed handgun license....." He cut me off by waving his hand and smiling, complete nonissue. :D
Keep Calm and Carry On.
dcludwig

Re: 1st inform Cambidge PD A+

Post by dcludwig »

SigSauerp938 wrote:I have been carrying since March and had my first inform today when a Cambridge PD officer pulled up to do a report on an accident (someone pulled into a parking spot and hit my door as I was getting out). I started my rehearsed speech "I have a concealed handgun license....." He cut me off by waving his hand and smiling, complete nonissue. :D
As it should be. Most officers are 2A and CHL friendly. Common sense would dictate that, as we as CHL holders have pretty clean records and present little, if any, threat. Obviously there are the exceptions and tend to get the most attention. Congrats on getting your first inform out of the way and kudos for "rehearsing" your speech. Smart thing to do, really. Every time I see a cop on the road, I think "Now, what's the first thing I should do if he pulled me over for some reason?"
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;