1st inform- highway patrol

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JMO

1st inform- highway patrol

Post by JMO »

I've only had my permit for about 2 months now and just had my first inform. It was in Wapak (auglaize co), but by a highway trooper. I was the passenger in the car.

I was actually rather nervous for some reason! But it was dark and we pulled into a shell gas station once he lit us up. I told the driver to put on his dome light while I placed my hands on the dash. As soon as the officer approached he started talking to the driver with why he pulled him over and I cut him off to inform. He simply asked if the firearm was on my person, I said yes sir, and where on my person was it. On my right side, about 4 o' clock. He seemed to get a kick out of how I had my hands on the dash and with a smilish-smirk said I could put my hands down, and to just not make any sudden fast movements. Never asked for my ID, CHL, in fact didn't even ask my name.

It was a pleasant 1st inform. Makes me curious as to how the city cops would handle it now that I have an A+ inform to compare it to
Tweed Ring

Re: 1st inform- highway patrol

Post by Tweed Ring »

You. done. good.
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

Tweed Ring wrote:You. done. good.

Yes, very good on a first inform.
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Love the non event first informs.. They are becoming more and more common place.