University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati PD

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mreising

Re: University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati PD

Post by mreising »

meadeam wrote: In a big city like Seattle, a bearded man in an Army coat at night looks absolutley normal (sadly, he may be a homeless vet) but in Mariemont it looks suspect.
Come on now, a bearded man would not be walking around Seattle after dark. He would be curled up under the viaduct with a bottle of Ripple or MD 20/20 or whatever they drink now. :)
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
dirtdawg

Post by dirtdawg »

Sevens wrote:A similar look and one less firearm was the opening scene in First Blood :lol:
You actually look like Dynamike before he trimmed back the beard, but you'd need a mohawk under the hat. (Slim, what's under your lid?)

FWIW, I'm one of the many who support your right to do exactly what you do, but wonder about the productivity of it.
I thought he was exercising. That's productive, right?
Dirtdawg
NRA Member, Clinton County Farmer's and Sportsmen Association Director
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Instructor; Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, PPITH
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

In MY neighborhood, a guy in a shirt and tie would be the suspicious one.

(Too darn many trees out here in the hills of Hocking county.)
MyWifeSaidYes
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Sevens wrote: You actually look like Dynamike before he trimmed back the beard, but you'd need a mohawk under the hat."
All I see is a teddy bear....with a mohawk :wink:
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

The way I see it, you owe the city of Cincinnati for exactly one jelly doughnut!

Exercise!

1..2..3..4..... slim.. loves.. the.. UC Police.. Corps!
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

slim wrote:For all you Monday Morning QBs out there, this is what I looked like. Do you really want that guy walking through your neighborhood without the police at least saying hello?
NO!! I want a guy that looks like that stopped if he gets even close to my neighborhood!

The Beard makes ya look shifty. :wink:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
slim

Post by slim »

Thanks for the replies, guys. A few interesting new things to ponder for me and that's why I put this here.

By the way, if anyone is local and would like to join me next time, just let me know.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

slim wrote:By the way, if anyone is local and would like to join me next time, just let me know.
I'm local. Can I sit about 50 yards away...and eat popcorn as I watch the entertainment? :lol:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

glocksmith wrote:I'm local. Can I sit about 50 yards away...and eat popcorn as I watch the entertainment? :lol:
As long as you bring the video camera and sit close enough to get good video and audio... :mrgreen:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
BB62

Post by BB62 »

slim wrote:...By the way, if anyone is local and would like to join me next time, just let me know.
I just may have to take you up on that.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
slim

Post by slim »

Sure!

It should be noted that these "silly YouTube videos" are actually changing the behavior of police. I was kind of surprised when I heard the city cop say that. Amazing what a little oversight can accomplish.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

slim wrote:Sure!

It should be noted that these "silly YouTube videos" are actually changing the behavior of police. I was kind of surprised when I heard the city cop say that. Amazing what a little oversight can accomplish.
(underlined) I agree, but... (my bold) In Cincinnati's case I believe that misconception existed before item #3 in this document was published: http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/police/lin ... howMeta/0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - but even that misconception wasn't sufficient to get the word around/change the behavior of many officers regarding OCers.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
pjmurph

Post by pjmurph »

slim wrote:Thanks for the replies, guys. A few interesting new things to ponder for me and that's why I put this here.

By the way, if anyone is local and would like to join me next time, just let me know.
The sad thing is that if you take a few steps backwards you're now breaking the law. I actually have a few classes in that building behind you (that's where a lot of the criminal justice classes are held). The spot you're standing in is also only a couple hundred yards away from where my car was broken into and my glock was stolen, and if that hadn't of happened I would definitely join you.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" -Edmund Burke

"Punishment is now unfashionable... because it creates moral distinctions among men, which, to the democratic mind, are odious. We prefer a meaningless collective guilt to a meaningful individual responsibility." -Thomas Szasz
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

LoL pjmurph, me too. But that was almost 20 years ago. I would'nt dare set foot in that place now...a bad combo of people there...liberals galore + the gung-ho wanna be cop types. There was a job opening there awhile back which I'd considered, but I quickly abandoned that idea when I found out the E.L. was still in charge. Can't stand the guy - I thought he'd of retired by now.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
mreising

Post by mreising »

A news report on the radio today said a UC student was held up by two thugs, one with a gun. The gun malfunctioned and the student knocked it out of the thug's hand, only to get stabbed by thug number 2. Injuries were minor. Think how thus might have turned out if the student had been able to shoot back instead of just slapping the gun away. I'll look for a link to the story later.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.