hug a runner day?

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: hug a runner day?

Post by Werz »

Aside from issues related to apparent threats and self-defense, who the hell thought it was a good idea to promote hugging sweaty people in the midst of their exercise regimens?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Werz wrote:Aside from issues related to apparent threats and self-defense, who the hell thought it was a good idea to promote hugging sweaty people in the midst of their exercise regimens?
Other affection-deprived sweaty people...
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

This is the first I've heard of all this.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

me too.
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

It was probably put into practice by the hug a tree people.
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ppfd

Post by ppfd »

Thank God I live in the country, all I have to worry about is meth! :mrgreen:

What type/brand of light are you using? I'm always in the market for a light weight bright light.

And most important - he or any guy "hugger" for that matter grabs on a gal or guy, could that not be some sort of assault/battery?
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

It is a pro-tac HL.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

CincyKid wrote:I guess a hug is a better motive than most people have had chasing me while I was running... but it doesn't matter... it would have been time for a speed workout followed by an introduction to my edc if they caught me.
This. And they would need some serious speed :twisted:
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe