Fairfield County Game Warden A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BadBehavior135

Fairfield County Game Warden A+

Post by BadBehavior135 »

I didn't even think of posting this until I saw Troy Bilt's post. And boy, has the 2013-14 deer season been an odd one for me... I returned to the property to hunt where I was arrested on opening day (story found here http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) thinking that the "land battle" had been settled and that I could park on the easement without any harassment from the neighbor. (stupid me.... I know...)

And about 9:30 I hear "you in the ground blind, unload the rifle and step out" I poke my head out the window, and standing at about my 8 o'clock, was the fairfield county game warden. YAY! Before handling my muzzleloader, I notified. He smiled and said that he knew and it was fine.

Surprised, I climbed out and had a nice little talk with him about property lines, in which I was right and well prepared for such argument, I even politely invited him to the grand tour of the property stakes. He declined. The only issue that he had was that I was not wearing my orange vest while inside the blind... It was hanging over my blind on a branch so it could be seen. He said it was a good idea, but not what the law requires.

In the end, no tickets or handcuffs this time, and I have since pulled my blind and treestand, and moved on to greener pastures. I even managed to kill my first ever buck with a bow. Nothing big, but I'm proud of it!
There is nothing a man can do with talent and bigger tires, that I can't accomplish with stupidity and standing on the gas. ~Bad Behavior Off-Road~